I received this email today from church... (yes the need is needed by tomorrow, however I spoke to Joan and she said they could use them next week. Let me know if you can help.)
The Caring ministry has an urgent need- although we have already given away 600+ bags of groceries- we have been asked for more by a school that forgot to call and ask- their kids really need this- If you are coming to church tonight or can purchase groceries and bring them to the church building by 10am Thurs- please do so- even if you can't purchase all the items needed- we will put together bags for them with whatever shows up. Thanks in advance for your generosity and help.
If you forgot the menu- it is……
Bread mix , stuffing mix, large green beans, 2 cans corn, drink mix or juice, potato mix, 2 boxes mac and cheese, 1 box jello, 1 can of fruit, brownie or cake mix, and double paper bag-----please
February Cocoa Daisy Project Shares!
10 years ago
1 comment:
It's sad but the food pantries around the country are having an awful time right now. With the economy the way it is, there is a greater need and fewer donations :(. We always adopt a family at church and in the four years we've been here, this is the FIRST year that I've actually had my heart broken by the request paper -- the six year old kid just wants a set of sheets & a blanket. Normally we get sheets where the kids are asking for these expensive gifts that I wouldn't even let my own kids ask anyone for... and this year, we got a sheet where all the kid wanted was bedding. I'm hoping they are on the Toys for Tots list or something, or that the Mom will use the gift card we're also giving the family to go get him at least one toy... sob!
Post a Comment