Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Smitten!

My little boy has a girlfriend. She is SMITTEN with him! A few weeks ago Aussie told me that Kadence said he was her boyfriend. I said, "Well how does that make you feel?" He said, "Kind of embarrassed." We got in the car and Mason and Ashley teased, "Aussie's got a girlfriend..."
The next week he came home saying, "Kadence kissed me." (ay ay ay) I said, well save your kisses on the lips for the person you marry. He said, "she kissed me on the cheek 3 times and I kissed her back." (oh boy) This time he admits to me he loves her too and she is his girlfriend.
This week he came home saying Kadence wants to marry me and I want to marry her. He said, "I wish we could get married now, but I know I have to wait until I'm older."






In class on Friday we made turkeys with our hand. This is Aussie's picture. All the others drew grass, clouds, sky, etc.



Then they were asked to write what they were thankful for. While all the other kids drew their families and homes and baby Jesus, Aussie and Kadence drew that they were thankful for each other.
Ashley was teasing Aussie again, and he just said, "Well yes it's true, she is my girlfriend but I don't want to be teased."
Oh this young love is so sweet! And Aussie's artwork is really good!

2 comments:

Snarky Mom Reads said...

Oh my - they start so early, don't they? Mouth's first girlfriend was Lindsey and Sullen's was Olivia. The preschool teacher & I could NEVER understand Sullen liking Olivia because, quite frankly, she was a bit homely... LOL!!

Renee said...

that little girl is too cute and you took the words out of my mouth. Aussie is a really good artist...must get his creative gene from him mommy!