Sunday, August 01, 2010

Saturday Birthday Party

I have been working on this post for 4 days. I am determined to get it done today!

This post is chock full of pictures. Saturday we had the kids birthday party with mainly friends from co-op. The kids really wanted it to be a costume party. So we made it a costume party. We had it at a local playground.


I had been staying up late night after night trying to prepare for the party making this or that. Anyway, Friday night I went to bed late and then had a really hard time falling asleep. Then Ashley came in at 5:30AM and woke us up wanting to get ready for the party. Then the storm started. I just cried. I didn't know what to do. We had 11 pizzas and a cake to pick up in just a few hours. I told everyone to get on the bed and we prayed. I boldly asked God to stop the rain for the party. And guess what? He did! The playground was dry enough for the kids to play. And then when the party was over. It rained. And it rained hard!!!

The party was a success. Ashley dressed up like Starfire from Teen Titans. This is a picture of Starfire. And here is Ashley in her costume:

Mason dressed up like Beast Boy. This is Beast Boy from Teen Titans.


And here is Mason hammin' it up like Beast Boy:
And Aussie dressed up like his made up character CatLink. It was a terribly HOT HOT day! Most of the kids took off their costumes 5 minutes into the party.The kids played on the playground. And we ate pizza from Cici's. I was very lucky they were having a special. It was only $3.99 per large pizza. I love the picture below. Look in the background at the little boy. I am obviously taking a picture of the 2 girls in the foreground but the little boy in the back is smiling from ear to ear and saying "CHEEEEEEESE".

Then Mongo (AKA Daddy) read a story to the kids. If you reguarly read my blog you know all about Mongo from my posts in October. If you don't, real quick the story is about this monster who is lonely and can't easily make friends because of how he looks. He is chased away by the towns people. So then he befriends a cat. But then he gets hungry and eats it. Then he befriends a blind person but uh oh he gets hungry...etc.

The kids really got into the book! They would tell Mongo if he was making a good decision or a bad decision.

Then Mongo chased the kids! They LOVED it! They came back for more and more. It was hard for Mongo to keep going. We were surprised that the make-up stayed on him because of how bad he was sweating.Here are a few pictures of the guests- names withheld for their privacy. After a little bit of chasing and playing we had birthday cake. Ashley likes vanilla and the boys like chocolate. So I got 1/2 and 1/2. It was one of the best cakes we had ever had. It was so fresh! We got it at the local Kroger. I should call them and give them my compliments to the chef.

After the cake the kids opened up their presents. And I gave out party favors. I can not believe how lucky I got. One of my friends told me they were clearancing out Webkinz at a local Walgreens. I went and the deal was even better than I originally thought. I think maybe the manager made a mistake, but who was I to argue? I bought all of them for $2 each. I figured I would have probably spent that much on little crappy things to put into goody bags. The kids were thrilled!

No comments: