Oh my stars have I been busy!
Thursday the kids had another cooking class. This time I made aprons and chef hats for the boys. I made Ashley's at Christmas. Mason's favorite color is red

and Aussie's favorite color is black.

I want to get them embroidered, but I really don't want to pay the money for it. I got out my sewing machine and tried to learn how to do it on my own machine. But unfortunately, I need a little ring thing to
keep the fabric tight and I didn't have it. So I ventured out to Walmart and they didn't have it either. Maybe I'll be able to get one at JoAnn's tomorrow.
The kids love their aprons and they got matching notebooks and pens so they could play "waiter/waitress".

This time on the menu was:
steak- on the grill
broccoli with cheese and lemon juice
fruit kabobs
homemade oven fries
and
brownies
Aussie was ALL about making the PERFECT fries. He took FOREVER peeling his potatoes and cutting them up. So long that we finally had to put the others in the oven and cook his separately.



Ashley takes the steaks out to the grill.

Ashley and Mason really got into making the fruit kabobs. I'm trying to remember the fruit that Ashley tried for the first time and loved it so much. It's related to the peach.

We made brownies, which was the boys favorite.

And here is our finished product.
I didn't think I would like the lemon on the broccoli, but it was good.

Mmmmm!

Bon Apetit!

And here is my corner slice of the brownie. That's my favorite part of brownies!

It took much much longer than we anticipated. And I ended up being 2 hours late to my next appointment. And I'll write about all that in my next blog post.
No comments:
Post a Comment