Tuesday, June 14, 2011

10 for 10

Another busy day and I'm too tired to finish my coupon job tonight. I'll have to finish it in the morning.
So I hung out with Doris again today and she was telling me about something she is doing for the summer and thought I might like to join her on that. She and her son are doing 10 things everyday. You can see her list here. So I came up with our 10.
  1. Clean Something
  2. Math (Kids need to learn their multiplication better and I need to work on saving us money with coupons or cleaning out my email inbox watching the numbers go down.)
  3. Water (at least 2 cups)
  4. One Fruit or Vegetable (Aussie is dreading this one! Yesterday he announced that popcorn was a vegetable because it came from corn.
  5. Walk for at least 15 minutes
  6. Read
  7. Journal
  8. One Dairy (Ashley is dreading this one and went to bed really upset!)
  9. One Random Act of Kindness
  10. Create Something

The kids will start tomorrow, but I went ahead and completed my list. I have to say I made a 100! I did all of them. Yay me!

Today, Ashley went to a friend's house during the day. The boys and I headed over to Doris' pool. We hung out for 2 hours then came back home. Then tonight we went to a VBS that our neighbor invited us to. Ashley and Mason liked it. Aussie absolutely hated it. And I mean down-right bored out of his mind hated it! I can't say I blame him. I told him he only had to try it for one day and if he didn't like it he didn't have to go back. But there were only 10 kids there. TEN! I thought all of them would hate it, but Ashley and Mason want to go back. Anyway, Doris and I had planned to walk the trail we walked yesterday. We headed out but there was an accident and we were barely moving. So we didn't make it to the park. We went to Aldi and I bought some fruit. Then we headed back to the church. We walked around the church and up this street. It was really cool because part of the street looked like we were in a jungle. Rich green trees and vines and hearing and seeing a couple hawks call back and forth to each other. And then we would go just a little further and see run down city. It was very odd but interesting. We estimated that we walked a mile.

All of us again were worn out from our busy day. I suspect we will be worn out again tomorrow.

No comments: