Saturday, June 18, 2011

Always, Patsy Cline!

Well tonight was big treat! Greg and I got to see the musical, Always Patsy Cline. The director Ted Swindley is friends with Greg and actually directed their last show, Arcadia. So he gave us comp tickets. It was really good. I came out of there thinking I needed to look up some of those songs and try to learn them. It brought back some good memories of when I went to Renee Grant-Williams (the best voice coach in Nashville). She introduced me to Patsy Cline. She told me to study how she sung because she was one of the best singers. The difference is that most voice teachers have you open your mouth and really sing those vowels. But this voice coach teaches you to sing through the consonants. It really made a HUGE difference. I still love to sing the song, Crazy like Patsy Cline.

After the show many of us went to eat at Merchants. I had a delicious French Dip sandwich! I enjoyed being around many other artsy people.

Earlier in the day I took the boys swimming at the Y. Ashley went to a girlfriend's house to play. I didn't have time to walk. So when I got home from the play, I power walked for 15 minutes in a circle through my kitchen, school room, living room and foyer. (4-5 times around was one minute) It was monotonous but I did it none the less.

My "create something" item was to make a little hovercraft using a CD, bottle cap and balloon. But it didn't work. I wonder if the bottle cap was too heavy. I might try again tomorrow or when I can find the right cap to use. I'll share the website on how to make it when I try again.

Here it is nearly 3AM and I've finally finished all 10 items and can go to bed.

Good thing I can sleep in tomorrow!

2 comments:

doris sander said...

oh yay! glad you had a fun date night! and go you with the power walking. :)

TracieClaiborne said...

I have always wanted to go to see that show. Mike played in it several times when it first opened and he took his Mom but I never worked it out to go with him. Now I regret that! That is so funny about your voice teacher bcause CC's teacher has her sing the vowels and it is so funny to watch her! Isn't Mandy Barnett the bomb? I have never understood why she didn't do better with her first country album - she sings circles around most people on the radio! She was the first person to have "God Bless the Broken Road" on the radio but it wasn't a hit until Rascal Flatts did it.