I am beat! Absolutely beat! Today has been a wonderful but long day. After church we went to a new Chinese restaurant my friend Doris has been telling us about. So we met her there and it was instantly the boys new favorite restaurant. Ashley says it is her second favorite. Her first favorite was Evergreen and it closed down a month or so ago.
After the meal Aussie introduced himself to the owner in Chinese. Then he made up another sentence and rattled it off. When he said it he then asked if he said it correctly and that he intended to say, " I like your french fries." He indeed said it perfectly. The owner before moving to America was an elementary teacher in China. She said that if she had not seen Aussie's face she would have thought he was another Chinese person. She said his diction and tones were perfect. Can you tell I'm a pretty proud Mom? The guests paying their bill behind us were quite impressed as well.
A few hours after lunch we met up with Doris again at the park and walked 2 miles. The park is really lovely and the path is shaded. That and it was late afternoon when the sun wasn't beating down. My body hurts. I haven't exercised those muscles in a long time. After walking the 2 miles we went back to her place and went swimming. Some more great exercise. But it has left me so very tired. Ashley fell asleep on the couch. Mason fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow and Aussie was out soon after that.
Last weekend my kids went to camp. This was really the first time all three of them have been gone for more than a night. I was fine and enjoyed the time I could spend without them. I had a gift certificate for a manicure- so I got that and a pedicure as well. Greg and I went to a Hibachi type Japanese restaurant and the food was AMAZING! And we went to see the movie, Thor. It was good, but not great. I have to admit that when the 3 nights, 4 days were over I was very happy to see my kids. Greg made it through it, but he almost made himself sick worrying about them (at least that first night.)
These pictures below are out of order. When they got back they had a performance on Wednesday night to show the parents what they learned.
Ashley is with her friend Mattison.

Here the kids are starting a little "dance" number.


This picture was specifically taken to show Aussie just how much taller Mason is than him.

This was the last day of camp. All of them were given these red camp shirts. I happen to get this group shot of the 3rd grade girls.

They were happy to see me. Mason told me something that broke my heart a bit though. He said, they had one rule in their cabin and that was no crying. Then he said to me, "but every night I was crying inside because I missed you."

And here is a picture the first day. Ashley agreed for me to drop her off at her cabin, go and set up the boys and then come back and set her up.


Aussie and Mason immediately pushed their beds together.


Here are all the 3rd grade boys. I managed to get a group shot before leaving to set up Ashley.

Once I got to Ashley's cabin they had to get started. So I set up her bed but didn't get any pictures of her before I left. The girl's cabin was a lot nicer than the boys.

I thought this was a pretty little bridge right outside the boy's cabin.
They ask the parents to write a note for each day they are there and put them in a basket and they will give them out on the appropriate day. Aussie couldn't figure out how I got my letters there everyday. Bless him! (That's a southern saying that means he's not very smart.)
He is NOT really dumb, I just suppose he didn't have his thinking cap on.

Each cabin had a color. The boy's color was orange. One of their least favorite colors but they wore their bandannas with pride.

Ashley's color was pink. Her counselor made pink tie dye shirts and gave them pink bandannas. I wish I would have gotten a picture.
I'm sure there is more to say but I need to go to sleep.
Tomorrow we have another busy day.
No comments:
Post a Comment