It's unbelievable how much we take for granite when we live a relatively healthy life. And when we are sick or have a broken bone, that is when we get a taste of how much we use whatever it is that is wounded. Today I needed something upstairs, so I thought since I'm going up I'll take this basket of laundry with me. Something I would do on any normal day with ease when I am not sick. I had to stop and rest on the steps 2 times. TWO times! My body is too weak to even take a load of laundry up the steps. I was really shocked.
Aussie is driving me crazy today! Since I've been up a bit today he seems to think I am fully better. He yells from the other room, "Mom?" And I suppose he expects me to yell "what?" back to him. But I can barely talk. I'm sure he has done this at least 20 times today.
The kids are antsy. They need to get out. Greg took them to Chick Fil A last night, but they need more. Last week, prior to getting sick I said we were going bowling. And if they each got 100% on their list for a full week I would take them to Chuck E Cheese. And we would go swimming and and and...
Ashley has been super helpful! She gets the laundry out of the washer and puts it in the dryer. She empties the dishwasher. She has been really good about checking on me.
Mason has been whiney. No one will play with him or she's been on the computer too long or he hasn't had very much time on it. This child has GOT to get out.
Today I managed to get 3 loads of laundry done, my coupons updated, dishwasher loaded and run or is that ran?
I'd say I've had a pretty successful day.
As for the 10 things a day list. I've learned my lesson that the prize for getting 100% everyday we would go somewhere is not a good plan. 2 did not get it done. Now who will watch those two when I take Ashley? And will Ashley still have fun if her siblings are not there? I've decided to let the boys have 2 make up days. And I have to stay on top of them to get it done. We will continue to do the list, but I will change the prize to getting 2-3 things at the dollar store. The others will have to wait as the one shops and they will get nothing if they don't do their lists. period.
No comments:
Post a Comment