Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hail!

Today we went to see the movie, Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2. I don't know why I decided to see this movie since I hated the first one. But I'm glad I did because it is so much better than the first. We decided to see the movie today because we had terrible storms here and couldn't go swimming. On our way home from the movie I heard big pellets hitting the car. Then I saw them bouncing off the car. It was hail. And it was BIG! My friend Doris was so amazed by it. She stood at my front porch and was just mesmerized. She went out in it and gathered up several of hail balls and we decided to measure them. Unfortunately, this one melted a lot before we measured it. She got a picture of it in her hand and then measured her hand. It was 3 1/2" long! No joke! In the picture below, it is just measly 2 1/4".


Tonight when we dropped the kiddos off at VBS it was still raining. BUMMER! So we walked the mall. We walked another 2 miles tonight. Yea Me!

No comments: