Saturday, January 20, 2007

hodge podge


I need to get a lite brite. I've tried to stay away from them because of all the little peices. But now I have a good reason for wanting to get one. Mason and Austin do not hold a pencil the correct way. So I have heard that by using the Lite Brite they are forced to only use their thumb and pointer finger to put in the little pegs. They said it didn't take long at all for their child to hold the pencil the correct way.
-------------------------------
We had a pretty good day today. I finally took down the Christmas tree (Hey it's still January!) I still need to put the ornaments away and take down the snowmen in the Kitchen.
_______________________
Tomorrow- I'm scrapbooking with Dana after church. I need to scrapbook the Old Timey picture of Ashley. Speaking of scrapbooking I want to set up an area downstairs where I can scrapbook. I "think" my kids are old enough to leave my layouts alone now, if I tell them not to touch them. I'm anxious to set something up, but I'm not quite sure how. Hey Mom? Are you bringing the desk down in February? Yes I know it goes with Ashley's furniture, but I really don't think it will fit in her room and I would like to use it to scrapbook on. Where you ask? If I tell you, you might not bring it. LOL Ok- so I want to set it up in front of the window in the Living Room....I know I know...you're not supposed to have furniture in front of a window like that. But I have to see for myself. The kids pretty much stay out of that room and most of my scrapbook stuff is already there.
________________________________
I just love it when Ashley and Austin fall asleep together. They are so cute. And they really don't play that long in bed...they actually fall asleep. I really like it because they never come into our room in the middle of the night when they are together.
_____________________
Greg now has a gotee. I LIKE IT! He shaved this morning. I need to get a picture. I hope he keeps it for awhile.
_________________
Oh! ---While reading Jann and Jill's blogs I found out about Ali Edward's blog. She has a challenge on there to choose a word for the year. I'm going to take her challenge and try to scrapbook it or whatever else I need to do with it. My word for 2007 is Accomplish! It has helped me actually stay focused on getting things done around here. I've typed up the word in several different fonts and wrote out the definition and found other similar words from a thesaurus and even found a couple of quotes. But I'll have to wait to print them until I can get some more ink for my printer. Seeing it and thinking about it is a good reminder and gives me a good feeling when I accomplish something.
________________
I feel like writing and writing and writing tonight....I don't know why. But I just don't have anything else to say. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have a layout or two to share.

1 comment:

doris sander said...

wish i could scrap w you guys this afternoon . . . but i have this wicked audit tomorrow . . . :P