You know those "kewl" sly parenting tricks we do to get our way? Well...UGH!
Today I went downstairs carrying the clothes I intended for the kids to where today. I was singing, "It's red day, it's red day, we're all wearing red today." Cutesy little song-to get them all to coordinate today. Mason was a cinch. Well even IF it wasn't his favorite color, he is just a happy go lucky guy. Aussie is next. He says, "I don't really like red." I said, "But it's red day, we are going to a Valentine's Day party." So on it goes. 2 down 1 to go. I start singing again, "It's red day...". Ashley says, "NO- it's purple in pink day", with her sly smile. I said, "No, today is red day- we are going to a Valentine's Day party and we need to where red."
So she runs to her room to find something else to put on. Mason tries to help her pick out something she might like that is red. Nope, nope, nope...nothing is satisfying her. So then she pulls out 3 outfits. One furry light blue sweater, one purple and pink outfit with hearts on it, and another light purple outfit. Then she says to me. "Mommy, pick which one you want me to wear." HELLO? Isn't that supposed to be MY trick? She loves her independence! It's certainly not something to fight over.
So I guess my Valentine's pictures will be black and white for my Valentine Layouts. (eyeroll)
Have a happy day and don't sweat the small stuff.
February Cocoa Daisy Project Shares!
10 years ago
6 comments:
that's my {spunky, headstrong, independent, stubborn} girl! LOVE IT! sorry Chelle, but it does make me laugh...i know exactly what sly little smile she gave you as well! she and dalton make a great pair....
...and she will be the best dressed in the black and white photos because she has hearts on her shirt!
Gosh, I hate it when my scrapbooking page is drastically altered by my 4 year old's opinion of what he should wear.
Black, white, and red will make a great page, though.
Funny Chelle! Bet the photos will be adorable! You've got your hands full! Luv ya!
hey..chelle! i just found this sight called: www.menus4moms.com
and i thought of you..check it out! please excuse my typing..i have mattie in my lap..so i only have use of one hand. smile.
You know what they say, "The best laid plans..."
Thanks for visiting my new blog. I wasn't sure if I'd get many visitors. I'm really enjoying the speed of Blogger!!!
Post a Comment