Monday, January 07, 2008

Dentist


Picture #5
We went to the dentist today. The boys did excellent. But this little girl-even though she appears to be great right before the cleaning- had a meltdown! By the end of the appointment I was sitting in the chair holding her down while the 2nd hygienist tried to give her a fluoride treatment and while the 2nd dentist tried to look in her mouth. I tried bribery, I tried threatening a spanking...she was horrendous!!!!! And it looks like she has 2 cavities, so I have to find a pediatric dentist who can take care of her.
Today she had to dress up like Harue (It's probably spelled differently in Japanese). She has been watching a movie called the Cat Returns. So she was a little distraught that the shirt we had was long sleeves instead of short sleeves, but Aussie and I think I did a good job finding an outfit similar to what Harue was wearing. I really wanted to get a picture but my camera batteries died. So immediately when we got home I tried to take a picture, but she didn't want her picture taken so she had those clothes off in no time. Can we say B.R.A.T?
UGH!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We can only say "brat" as long as she can't and won't soon read this blog. You don't want her to take on that persona. Lots of children act like that occasionally, but they don't come to identify themselves as such and thus live it out daily.

We can tell her she is having a difficult day and we expect tomorrow she will feel very differently and be sweet.

Renee said...

after reading this post, I went and cancelled Jack's dental appointment. Page went before she was 2 and has gone every 6 mo since with no issues, but I have to fight Jack to brush his teeth so I didn't want to "pull an Ashley" at the dentist office!
FYI: after cancelling-he's been great about the brushing. Go figure.