Monday, March 10, 2008

Bowling

Oh my goodness! Today after church, I took our kids bowling. It WAS crazy!!!! We met several others from church and it was packed and NOISY! Ashley says she wants to go back with it only being us, so that I can hear her when she talks.

Greg is sick today and so I had the kids by myself. This would have been a good day to have his help! I depend on Greg so much on the weekends. But I did it! I took the kids to church and then Greg felt well enough to meet us as Pizza Hutt. Then I realized it was time to go bowling so I borrowed the socks Greg had on his feet and went bowling in a dress. But even with him being sick, he couldn't lie down and rest. So while we were at church he cleaned. He's such a good man!

Here's a little fun fact about me...When I was young (12ish) I broke my finger bowling. On top of that I was bowling my best game ever! I broke it in the 8th frame and I finished bowling but knew it was broken! I made 198. 2 stinkin' pins from a 200. So you wonder HOW can anyone break their finger bowling? Well...the inside of the ball was jagged. When I threw it in the 8th frame, my finger got stuck in the ball and I heard it pop. Anyway, it has never been the same since. That was my highest score and will probably always be my highest score. I can no longer bowl without it hurting. Since then I broke the same finger again at the tip of my finger. That probably hurt worse than any other break or sprain I have had! It still feels week. So there that's my excuse for the pitiful score I got. Yes Austin and Ashley beat me!




The kids were fun to watch. They had the bumpers up so that the ball couldn't go into the gutters. And boy did they use that to their advantage! Ashley especially would twirl that ball right into the gutter and you would painfully watch the ball go from side to side hoping that it would make its way down to the pins.

They would sit on the step waiting their turn. And Ashley and Mason had to have a chance taking pictures. And I love this last little picture of Ashley when she missed picking up anymore pins.
Well Greg just came in and said I really needed to go to bed since it's 2AM. I think he is right. So Goodnight and have a great day!

No comments: