We saw RENT tonight.
It was good. The music was pretty and the choreography was excellent. Unfortunately, I thought the music was louder than it should have been, I thought it drowned out what the singers were singing. So I had a really hard time following what was going on.
BUT- the disappointing thing about the show is that all the characters have AIDS, either from being gay or being a druggie. That part just left me with such mixed feelings. Should I clap at the beautiful love song that one man sang to another man? Ummm...the song was beautiful, but I really don't want to support being gay.
And the crowd in the theatre tonight...well I haven't been surrounded by so many gays in my life except the time I found myself in the middle of a gay/lesbian parade in Boston, MA.
I'm just saying it was uncomfortable.
I'm really sorry if this offends anyone; I just have a strong religious background that believes the act of homosexuality is wrong.
So that's my review on RENT.
February Cocoa Daisy Project Shares!
10 years ago
4 comments:
Good for you. God loves all these people to, but you are right. Homosexuality is wrong, and as christians we should not feel swayed "to feel" for these situations. Sin must not be overlooked and justified.
Wow. I'm trying to figure out what made you go see it in the first place! LOL Thanks for the heads up, definitely not something I'd want to find myself at.
Chelle, you are too funny! Would it surprise you to know that I have the movie on DVD & the music CD? Ah, probably not LOL!! Wish I could have seen you in the middle of that gay pride parade -- THAT would have been worth a few pictures LOL!! (You know I just adore you & I'm just teasing!!)
I am laughing...you are so funny. I saw Rent many years ago when it was being performed in Chicago. I loved it - but, then again, probably no surprise there ;) !
Just had to add my two cents so that your other 'liberal' friend didn't feel lonely!!
Oh yeah, and as for Gay Pride Parades - even if you are there on purpose, it is still a very...let's say different (but fun) ...experience!
Post a Comment