Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Saving Money with coupons and sales

So I have been doing a lot of shopping and a lot of saving! I would put my deals here, but I don't think my regular readers would be all that interested in the how I did it.

Anyway, yesterday I had a fabulous run to Kroger. I spent $96.51 for 120 items, saving $192.40. My favorite deal was the Ronzoni pasta. It was on sale for $1.00 and 3 boxes had $.50 coupons on them. When you double that (Kroger doubles coupons up to $.50) that makes them FREE!!!

Then today I went to Rite Aid. I have learned three things about Rite Aid today. One even though it is not stated anywhere there is usually a limit to how many UP rewards you can get on any given item. An UP reward is money back in the form of a coupon to come back to their store to use. Secondly, if you have a really nice sales associate she can and will make it happen where you would get the money back even if you buy over the limit. And thirdly, it is not a good idea to take children. They are a distraction and they caused me to purchase $10.59 more than I would have if they were not with me. Actually, I probably wouldn't have bought the cereal either, which is another $5.23. And I probably would have realized that one of my $1 coupons didn't get scanned.

Anyway if I would have bought the items at full price at Rite Aid everything would have cost $149.02. (But I wouldn't typically pay full price at Rite Aid because everything is overpriced for convenience shopping.) But by shopping the sales and using coupons I spent $38.88 and have $10.98 in UP rewards to use on my next shopping trip. (Which might be tomorrow since I have just a few more things to buy, that I didn't have coupons with me today.)

Do you have any tips on how to save money? I like to use Ebates and of course LOVE my Swagbucks!

Search & Win

No comments: