Sunday, January 30, 2011

Absolutely Unbelievable!!!

This is absolutely mind boggling!!!
I'm just shocked myself! So I wasn't going to share but I was asked for the details.
Earlier today one of the kids asked me how long was my longest receipt. I had no idea, but I knew it had to be one that prints rewards at the bottom of it. So I guessed it might be a Rite Aid receipt. We took a guess at maybe 6 feet.
Well...
Here is my lovely husband holding the receipt from today's purchases at Rite Aid.
He's 6'2".
This picture is before he knew...
I just MADE
$60! This is a picture of what I bought today and here are the details:
First of all Rite Aid is having a winter promotion where if you spend $100 on participating items you will get $20 back in UP rewards. This is a month long event and a few items I purchased last week go into me reaching the $100 mark.
Next...this one was the real shocker to me because I didn't know about this promotion until after I got it. So if you purchase $30 in select Heart Healthy items you get $10 Up reward or $50 in these same products you get $20 in UP rewards.
So here it goes:
* indicates participating item in winter promotion
HH indicates participating item in Heart Healthy promotion
Last week I purchased:
* 6 packages of light bulbs at $1.99 each
I got 6 $1.99 UP rewards back making them
FREE
$11.94 goes toward winter promotion
.
* Children's Mucinex (had to have this) $12.49 (I think)
Used $1.00 Rite Aid video coupon
Used $1.00 MFG coupon
making it $10.49
$12.49 goes toward winter promotion
.
Today's purchases:
.
* HH (both) 9 Colgate Toothpastes $2.99 each
Used $1.00 MFG coupon for each
Got $2.00 each back in UP rewards
Making them FREE
$26.91 goes toward winter promotion
$26.91 goes toward Healthy Heart promotion
.
*4 New York Style Bagel Chips 2 for $3.00
Used (4) $1.50 MFG coupons
making them FREE
$6.00 goes toward winter promotion
.
*2 Lay's Stax $1.00 each
Got $1.00 UP reward each
making them FREE
$2.00 goes toward winter promotion
.
*2 JIF peanut butter $1.99 each
Used $1.00/2 Rite Aid Video coupon
Got $1.00 each Up Reward
Making them $.49 each
$3.98 goes toward winter promotion
.
*14 Stayfree pads-----Sale B1G1 (ALL of these will be donated to the local women's shelter tomorrow or Tuesday.)
Used 7 B1G1 coupons
Making them all FREE
$30.93 goes toward winter promotion
.
*Complete Solution $7.99 (donating to my dear friend Dana since none of us wear contacts.)
Used $1.00 MFG coupon
Will get $7.99 back in form of rebate
Making it FREE and $1.00 Money Maker!
$7.99 goes toward winter promotion
.
*Children's Ibuprofen (needed) $4.49
$4.49 goes toward winter promotion
.
HH 5 Afrin $5.99
Used (5) $4.00 MFG coupons
Used (1) $2.00 Rite Aid Video coupon
Got $4 each in UP rewards
FREE and $12.05 money maker!!
$29.95 goes toward Heart Healthy promotion
.
Today's transaction:
.
I used: 28 coupons totaling $66.93
I used: $24.94 in UP rewards I had from previous purchases.
Saved $57.37 by shopping the sales.
Saved $149.24 all together.
.
Paid $30.58 out of pocket
.
Got $50 HH reward= $20 UP
Got $100 Winter reward= $20 UP
Got $38 UP from products
Got $6.01 Gift Card due to cashier mistake
Will get $7.99 in Rebate.
= $92.00
-$30.58
.
making it $61.42 PROFIT
Just one word for ya...
BOOYA!
(I hate it when Blogger takes out all of my spacing when I publish and I have to go back in and add a little dot so there will be spacing!)


4 comments:

Clippin' & Savin' said...

i LOVE it!! you GO chelle! ps- LOVE the look on greg's face in the pic! priceless! :)

Unknown said...

I wondered what you were going to do with all those "girl things". Must feel great to be able to help others while saving your family so much money.

Amy said...

So should I just follow you around when you shop & copy you? You & Kelli & David & probably several of my friends. I haven't even ventured into the drugstores too much yet... I bow to your bargain mastery!

Ellen Pruett (aka Chipper) said...

Just started following your blog. Very interesting! I'm from Chattanooga area and I will be hitting my Rite Aid tomorrow evening. I'm hoping for some great bargains! I love the fact that you're making donations for items that you or your family won't be using. Way to go!