Tuesday, January 25, 2011

WOW! WOW! WOW!

I certainly don't intend to show you every purchase I make, but I've had my best day yet!
I had $40 in Register Rewards that were expiring today or sometime this week. First of all to those who do not know what Register Rewards are, they are coupons that print out by making certain purchases at Walgreens to be used like cash on your next purchase. I was a little bummed that Walgreen's didn't have anything that I really wanted on sale this week. But I went in there to see what I could buy. And lo and behold they had 100s of toys half price.
I got:
8 off brand Lego sets,
a Barbie car
and a Littlest Pet Shop set.
Had I been thinking straight I should have bought one more thing so I could have used another $10 Register Reward and got everything for about $2.50. But I didn't think about it and I had to pay a whopping
$8.97.
After reading my friend's blog post today, I've started a gift closet. She just started this blog called Clippin' & Savin' so go and read all of her posts.
I literally ran into Kroger today to get just a few things. Take a look at the picture below and take a guess how much I paid.
Let me start by saying I expected to pay $1 + tax.
But I paid:
$.35
I was pleasantly surprised to see $1 e-coupon come off. The man behind me said, "Wow! Can you do that to my order?"
So the details:
I saved $9.00 in coupons alone.
Include the sales and I saved $19.60.
That is the first time I have ever seen my receipt say my total savings was 100%!
By the way I also told them my margerine from yesterday rang up wrong and they indeed refunded me the entire amount and I still got to keep the products. So they gave me back $5.66.
Then I ran into Publix and picked up some salad.
$1.08 which includes the tax.

I paid for everything with cash today, so out of pocket plus the return was

$4.74!!!
(You so can't get mad at me for that Greg!)

3 comments:

Sherri said...

impressive. how did you get those flossing things. i bought one and the kids like it so i need more!

cropalot said...

I never cease to be impressed time after time.

Clippin and Savin said...

you go, chelle! love it!