Saturday, January 22, 2011

Childhood Memories


I have a funny but fond childhood memory I wanted to share with you.



When I was young I remember going to visit my Great Grandma Rosie. This was my Father's Grandma. I would always look at a picture and smile. One day I decided to ask my Mom if the person in the picture was Grandma Rosie's husband...


My Mom giggled and said, "No that's a picture of Jesus." Of course she had to explain to me that that is what some people thought Jesus might have looked like.



And that is a much better memory than the one I have of my other Great Grandma Minnie.



I only remember seeing her one time.



She was my Dad's Grandma from his Mom's side.



She wanted me to so desperately come sit on her lap, but I was absolutely terrified to do so because I couldn't find her lap.


I tried to embed a video but for some reason I'm not able to. So click on the link called Groovin' Granny below if you want to get a good belly laugh!



Groovin' Granny


And now you understand why I feared sitting on my Great Grandma Minnie's lap.

No comments: