One thing we do every Christmas day is go to church for a luncheon. When we can't be with extended family this is the next best thing.
And every year we make a birthday cake for Jesus. This year I was running out of time. I actually got in a 2 hour nap after opening presents and before lunch. When I woke up I hurried to make the cake. In the car I tried to decorate it. The cake was still warm, the icing was melting, the chocolate chips that I was "trying" to spell Jesus with were sliding.
And every year we make a birthday cake for Jesus. This year I was running out of time. I actually got in a 2 hour nap after opening presents and before lunch. When I woke up I hurried to make the cake. In the car I tried to decorate it. The cake was still warm, the icing was melting, the chocolate chips that I was "trying" to spell Jesus with were sliding. It looked pitiful!
Even though you can't tell in this picture the chocolate chips continued to slide to where it was unreadable. So I just covered the whole thing in chocolate chips. (It tasted good!)
As I was decorating, I silently prayed, "Jesus, I'm sorry for how this cake looks. I wanted it to be special for you." Instantly I heard his reply to me. He said, "I'm just glad you thought of me!"
Even though you can't tell in this picture the chocolate chips continued to slide to where it was unreadable. So I just covered the whole thing in chocolate chips. (It tasted good!)
As I was decorating, I silently prayed, "Jesus, I'm sorry for how this cake looks. I wanted it to be special for you." Instantly I heard his reply to me. He said, "I'm just glad you thought of me!"Wow! I thought that was awesome to hear him so clearly!








Did you know that tomorrow is actually the last day of Christmas?
No comments:
Post a Comment