I am journaling through this December again. I enjoyed it immensely last year. Today's writing prompt is to write a manifesto. This is one of the harder prompts for me. As I look at the pictures I took today, I do know a few things I will include in it. I find it very important not only to have fun but to emphasize that this is the time Christians have chosen to celebrate Jesus' birth.
I showed you a craft that I made for my class yesterday, but here is another I finished making today.
These are magnets. I chose the picture because of the nativity scene and my desire to share with others, celebrating the birth of our Lord.
My manifesto will also include crafting. This time of year I REALLY like to craft.
And speaking of crafting I've started my December Daily scrapbook. Here is a sneak peek at the cover:
Another thing that will be in my manifesto is controlled busyness. I love to be busy in December, having an activity everyday. I say controlled because it needs to be fun. I need to control it, not it controlling me.
So...
Day 1 in the Advent calendar- Decorate
We didn't decorate the whole house (yet). But Ashley, Mason and I did put up and decorated the tree in the family room.
Mason put up a few ornaments.
Ashley did most of the decorating. She asked me if I wanted to help. I told her that I get to put up my OWN tree in the Living Room and I'll decorate that one by myself.
It's done. It's leaning, but I don't know how to fix that. The kids love the colored lights, but I like the white ones, hence the altered photograph. :)
At church this morning they had two Christmas trees set up. I took the photo op and got my kids picture in front of the trees.
This week is crazy trying to get ready for the last day of school Friday. Say a little prayer for us, the kids have to write an essay over a book we've been reading. The book was a bit difficult for me to read, so I'm anticipating this being a very difficult process.












No comments:
Post a Comment