I doubt they remember that Christmas and yet these ornaments represent life, their life. I'm sure there are much more beautiful ornaments but I love the fact that these in particular hang at the top of our Christmas tree. It tells me that they feel valued.
What was it like for you growing up anticipating Christmas morning? I vaguely remember making paper chains. Each day I would take one chain off. It was a good visual of just how many more days to go. I also remember how difficult it was to fall asleep Christmas Eve and waking up at 3 or 4 in the morning to open stockings. I think I only saw my Mom one time. Then I snuck back upstairs and tried to wait until she went to bed. Nowadays, we do a gazillion things to count down the days to Christmas. Our family has two different methods. One is a Christmas advent calendar. I made it several years ago. We put one day up at a time. And an advent box with 24 drawers, where you open one drawer a day to see the activity planned for the day. Both are still packed away. Maybe I'll have a chance to look for them tomorrow. But the kids haven't forgotten. Everyday they ask what is the activity planned for today. Today (Day 3) I didn't really have an activity, nor did I have the energy to think up one. So today became Chick Fil A night. (Convenient huh? Since every Tuesday night is CFA night.)
Today was kind of exciting at first though. The delivery men came THREE times today.
It was exciting to open each package to see what arrived. I locked myself in my room and went through the contents of the boxes.
One of the boxes contained what I am calling my birthday present. it is a 3 inch reversible foam mattress pad. Apparently one side is cooler than the other, but I don't know which side it is.
Anyway, I'm not sure if I'll like it, but so far so good. I took about a 45 minute nap this evening and my body didn't hurt afterwards. So here's hoping that this is the solution to my sleeping problem!
Today Ashley had a dress rehearsal for the co-op play. The play, in which I made all of those hats. Guess what? More than half of them were too small! I was so frustrated! Anyway, I have begun to make 10 more. I only have the basic structure of the hats done. Tomorrow I will put the eyes and beaks on.
Apparently, I had a migraine tonight. I'm not positive it was actually a migraine but it was a bad headache. I've never had a headache where all the lights are turned off, doors closed and when I close my eyes it seems like there was more light coming in than when my eyes were open.
Greg was a huge help again tonight, as nothing seemed to go as planned today, I got very little done. I told him I had to lay down and then when I got up I would do the dishes. When I got up he had done the dishes. Then I went to read to Mason and Greg said he would do it. It was VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!
Here is Day 2- photo prompt Furry Faces
Aussie can't fall asleep. I'm afraid I am not much comfort to him tonight. He has anxieties. All he can think about is how we grow older and one day we will no longer be here and that we will never be able to have those days back as a child. I just don't know what to tell him. My brain is not working very clearly tonight. I'm off to bed. Hopefully, he can fall asleep sooner rather than later.
Good night!





No comments:
Post a Comment