Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Playdate, crafts and what not

I'm pretty tired tonight, but I need just those few minutes of pure quiet time. My day consists of non-stop noise. The TV is always on, kids playing computer games, kids talking, kids laughing, kids fighting, kids, kids, kids.  Don't get me wrong I love my kids, but I NEED this time to energize myself.  Now tonight I don't feel like I have much energy left in me, but the quiet is so welcomed!

I know my Christmas manifesto is to have controlled busyness.  THAT is what I want, not necessarily what I get.  Today was one of those busy days from beginning to end. I did certainly enjoy most of it.

Day 2- Advent Calendar- Playdate at Chloe's house
 
 
Chloe is Ashley's friend from Girl Scouts and Aussie's new girl friend.  She invited us over to her house to play.  The kids have a great time playing there.  What was really nice today is that my friend Amy showed up.  Caroline, Amy and I (the grown-ups) had a great time chit chatting while the kids played.  We talked about what our next art project will be.  I told them I was interested in making this:
I think I have the supplies, so tomorrow this might be my project.  But as I showed this to them, Caroline showed me her husband's necklace.  I LOVE it!  I might try to make these as well:

 
Chloe got a new kitten. He is adorable! What a good kitty to look right at the camera.
 
 

When we got home the kids had to work on their paper.  Greg was a HUGE help tonight.  I have been dreading this, but Greg really helped them get a good start on it.  So each of them have an outline. Tomorrow and Wednesday they write the paper.

While Greg helped the kids I got started on my next project.  This project was "kind of" out of necessity.  Ashley is in a school musical where most of the characters are penguins.  I received an email several weeks ago telling me that I was responsible for my daughter's costume.  The email couldn't have come at a worse time. We were in the midst of Les Miserables and a ton and I mean a ton of things we had to get done.  I felt as though my cup was overflowing!

 
Anyway, you don't tell ME that I'm responsible for a costume and expect me not to do a good job on it.  My friend, Raquel is a lawyer and my friend, Beth is a writer. Their children are in the play. Do I expect them to have a handmade costume? No. But I am a crafter. That's what I do. Darned if I'm going to send my daughter up on stage with a black sweat suit with a piece of white cloth as the belly for a penguin. Really?  I'm incapable of this.  Now to my defense I did not get the memo that this was acceptable.  The email I got just said I was responsible.  It was sent out around Halloween, so I assumed other people would purchase penguin costumes at after Halloween sales.  I believe I assumed wrong, which brings me to today's craft.

First let me show you Ashley in her costume. She is supposed to be a puffy penguin. We may need to add pillows up under her costume, but I thought this looked puffy enough.
 
 
 
 
Oh my goodness aren't these feet the cutest? 
 

Anyway, I just couldn't bare to watch her up on stage being the only true penguin with everyone else wearing black sweat suits.  She would LOVE to be the center of attention.  However, much to her chagrin I volunteered to make everyone hats. Not the entire costume- just the hats.  At least they will all look somewhat uniform.  So tonight I made EIGHTEEN penguin hats.  They are not made very well but they will at least last for Friday's performance.

 
Did I tell Greg I had to make them? NO! He would have thought I was crazy! I am crazy!
 
Now onto more fun things.  My Mom sent me a list from iheartfaces.com:
 
 
 I thought I might incorporate this into my December Daily.  Since I read it late, I have only done Dec. 1.  I'll try to catch up tomorrow.  Here is my picture for day 1.

Actually the picture above of the cute kitten could be Day 2's entry.  However, I'll probably try to get one of my own cats tomorrow.
 
I had more to say, but now I am double decker dog tired!
I must sleeeeep!
 
Catch ya tomorrow!


 


No comments: