Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I thought it was a snake.

So most of you know that I use a C-PAP machine to sleep. I've had it for almost a year and last night was the first night it scared me.

In my sleepy stuper, in the middle of the night, I slightly opened my eyes and thought that there was a SNAKE coming close to my face. I jumped up so fast and knocked my machine off the bed side table on to the floor. If it really was a snake it would have either bit me as soon as I moved or had been stunned and stricken down by this crazy woman's fury trying to get away from it.

Can you see me flailing my arms, gasping for air and fighting a hose attached to a machine?

Greg got up to help me, and all I could say was "Sorry, I thought it was a snake."

Thank goodness the machine still works.

3 comments:

Christa said...

Ah, that's ok. My husband uses CPAP. If, in the night, we wind up facing each other, I dream of hurricanes and tornados. Toto, I don't think we're in Kansas anymore.

However, I'd rather dream of wind than of freight trains, heavy machinary, and the other REALLY noisy things I used to dream of when he snored. :)

I'm glad the snake didn't get you!

Hollye said...

sorry....that made me laugh.

Heather said...

I had a dream once that I was being taken underwater by a dolphin I was riding and it wouldn't surface for me to breathe (WTH?). I woke up gasping for air and found I had ripped the edging off of my blanket and it was wrapped around my neck.
The mental pic of you is pretty entertaining, though.