Saturday, December 04, 2010

December Daily- the first 3 days.

Well we are officially into the Advent Season. I created this cute advent calendar last Saturday while at a friend's house. Each box has an activity written in it. Some will be ultra fun things we will do, some will be planned activities and others will be service oriented.Day One- Write a letter to Santa. I got eyerolls on this one. Probably because I asked them to do it 2 or 3 times already and no one would do it. Ashley didn't want to do it because she says she can't spell well. So she drew pictures and I helped her some on the spelling. I did not help her on the letter reversals. Poor girl, she is getting better but the dyslexia is really hard on her. So when you see that she wants a rodot dog no leash, she means a robot dog on leash.
Mason wrote his out with no pictures. I've asked him to draw something on there. I haven't gotten it back yet. And I've asked Aussie to color his. So those two will be shown later.
Day 2- Go See Despicable Me at the $1.50 theatre
*
Greg's car wouldn't start. His battery was completely dead. So he took my car to work. Both of us changed our plans around. He was able to come home early and work from home and we went to a later show. It was a hard day. Everybody was crying for one reason or another. I don't understand why Mason has been crying over his math lately. He is so good at it, but he just cries and cries saying it is too hard.
Day 3- Decorate!
*
It's been another hard day!
Nothing seemed to go right. Everybody was picking on each other. New battery for Greg's car...Merry Christmas! Bah humbug!
*
I went to Kroger and one of coupons was rejected and one of my e-coupons didn't even come off. I was to make $7 profit, but I only ended up with $3 profit. True not so bad, except that they don't just give you cash back the money goes towards other groceries. So I was stuck buying $8 worth of groceries when I only intended to spend $2. That was kinda stinky!
*
Then I went to Walmart.
They did not have the two toys I went to get. I bought the kids How to Train A Dragon figures. There were 4 different kinds so I got one of each and thought I would split them up with Ashley getting 1 thing different and Aussie getting the other thing different. Turns out they all want the same dragon. Drats! I only had one, so I need to buy 2 more. They are only $3 but Walmart was sold out. I'll try a different Walmart another day.
*
Then when I picked up the kids from co-op we came home anticipating a night of decorating.
The kids cleaned the area in which the tree would go. During that time everyone fought. No one would turn off the Wii because someone else turned it on. So the Wii was put in time out. There was much much crying.
*
There was a big package on the porch.
*
I took it directly upstairs to see what goodies came and the order was WRONG! I was so upset! I ordered Build-A-Bears unstuffed, because the stuffing part is what makes it so special and they all came stuffed. I waited on hold for 35+ minutes. They told me I could take them to the store to get them unstuffed. So trying to figure out WHEN I could do that without kids knowing or seeing was going to be a trick. I thought I would have to go tonight. But it turns out that I can go on Sunday.
*
Greg is recording we need to be extra quiet. I ran out of Christmas lights. Greg needed something from Walmart. So I took the kids out with me to Walmart. I got some lights, and I treated the kids to ice cream at the McDonald's inside Walmart.
Got home close to 10 and told them all to go to bed.
So tonight I still have this:
Trying to salvage any part of the rest of this day I decided to work on a project I'm making for Ashley's girl scout troop. There are 6 girls and I have decided to make them aprons. One of the other ladies is going to embroider their names on them. I thought I had time, but I need to get them to her tomorrow. Rushed but still relaxing (well except for the few mistakes I made and had to do over.) So I have all 6 pretty much done. I need to add pockets to them, but I can do that tomorrow. Tomorrow is a pretty packed day. We are doing several special things. So praying that tomorrow is a much better day.
So far this advent I feel like I've bombed. {sigh}

It's nearly 3AM and I need to get up early.
Pray for me.
Pray for us.
Pray that tomorrow will be a good and successful happy day!

No comments: