Well Saturday proved to be a much better day. It certainly was a busy day.
Aussie had a class project due in Chinese school. So all of us went to the presentation. His is very impressive and I hope Greg will load it onto YouTube soon so that I can share it. He drew a comic book. I helped in the coloring of it. And Greg took all of Aussie's pictures and put them in an animated PowerPoint presentation. Then Aussie and Greg spoke the words in Chinese. It is really adorable.
The first student was a Chinese chef for his project. He created 3 Chinese dishes and the two that I ate were VERY good. He did it all by himself, with a little help from his Mom. He also spoke Chinese very clearly. OK so I was about to say he spoke it very well, but quite frankly I have no idea whether he was saying things correctly or not, but he was confident and it sounded good.
This sweet girl sang a Chinese song and her little brother joined in.
This little girl was very quiet and shy. She introduced her family members in Chinese. She just graduated to this level so she is a newbie.
This is Aussie's teacher Jennifer Bai. She is absolutely THE BEST teacher. So good that Greg and Sam's parent's decided to keep our kids in her class another year. She is teaching different things this year so it was fine to do so. She challenges the kids and is so encouraging.
This little boy has so much personality. He comes from a home where Cantonese is also spoken. He gave an example of the differences between Mandarin (Which is what the kids are learning here.) and Cantonese. There is a big difference.

This is Sam, Aussie's best friend.
He did a PowerPoint presentation that he put together all by himself. It was quite impressive.

This boy was as prepared as everyone thought he would be. He chose poems out of a book, that he read to the class. OK- not so bad except that they were songs that the class already learned and performed.
A funny thing or sad thing depending how you look at it, one child asked every kid how long it took them to prepare. One child said 2 weeks, Aussie said every bit of time that we had and this child said 15 minutes.
My afternoon was a bit of a wild goose chase. I got a tip that pillow pets were $5 at Toys R Us and although I was no where near Toys R Us I immediately set out to get there. The store was so extremely crowded. It was worse than Black Friday. When I got there pillow pets were not on sale. Maybe they were on sale the day before but they were not Saturday. Someone else told me they had them at Dollar General. Even though they were the same price as everywhere else I have seen them I had a $5 off coupon only to be used on Saturday for Dollar General. So I went to 3 DG stores before I finally found one and bought it.
She is such a pretty little girl.
It was to be a Girl Scout event but only three families came.
This is Melody (Kadence's sister). Near the end of the program, she got out her violin and played with the musicians. She was quite good.

It was cold. This is one of the more fun things that we did. It was a short ride but still nice. I couldn't get a picture of all of us on it, so this picture of strangers will have to do.
The first student was a Chinese chef for his project. He created 3 Chinese dishes and the two that I ate were VERY good. He did it all by himself, with a little help from his Mom. He also spoke Chinese very clearly. OK so I was about to say he spoke it very well, but quite frankly I have no idea whether he was saying things correctly or not, but he was confident and it sounded good.
This sweet girl sang a Chinese song and her little brother joined in.
This little girl was very quiet and shy. She introduced her family members in Chinese. She just graduated to this level so she is a newbie.
This is Aussie's teacher Jennifer Bai. She is absolutely THE BEST teacher. So good that Greg and Sam's parent's decided to keep our kids in her class another year. She is teaching different things this year so it was fine to do so. She challenges the kids and is so encouraging.
This little boy has so much personality. He comes from a home where Cantonese is also spoken. He gave an example of the differences between Mandarin (Which is what the kids are learning here.) and Cantonese. There is a big difference.
This is Sam, Aussie's best friend.
He did a PowerPoint presentation that he put together all by himself. It was quite impressive.

This boy was as prepared as everyone thought he would be. He chose poems out of a book, that he read to the class. OK- not so bad except that they were songs that the class already learned and performed.
A funny thing or sad thing depending how you look at it, one child asked every kid how long it took them to prepare. One child said 2 weeks, Aussie said every bit of time that we had and this child said 15 minutes.
My afternoon was a bit of a wild goose chase. I got a tip that pillow pets were $5 at Toys R Us and although I was no where near Toys R Us I immediately set out to get there. The store was so extremely crowded. It was worse than Black Friday. When I got there pillow pets were not on sale. Maybe they were on sale the day before but they were not Saturday. Someone else told me they had them at Dollar General. Even though they were the same price as everywhere else I have seen them I had a $5 off coupon only to be used on Saturday for Dollar General. So I went to 3 DG stores before I finally found one and bought it.*
I got home with about 1 1/2 hours until the next event.
I finished up the aprons so that I could take them to my friend that evening. (I was cutting the loose strings all the way there.)
*
In the evening we went to Mansker's Yuletide Fest.
Colonial garb is encouraged but not required.
Aussie's girlfriend dressed for the occasion.
She is such a pretty little girl.
It was to be a Girl Scout event but only three families came.
This is Melody (Kadence's sister). Near the end of the program, she got out her violin and played with the musicians. She was quite good.
It was cold. This is one of the more fun things that we did. It was a short ride but still nice. I couldn't get a picture of all of us on it, so this picture of strangers will have to do.






No comments:
Post a Comment