Tuesday, January 16, 2007

2007 layouts

I had a fabulous weekend. I'm not quite sure why- but Greg let me have the weekend "off". I didn't ask any questions, but was tickled pink to get out and scrapbook.



Saturday late afternoon I went to Doris' house to scrapbook. Jann came too. After a 'little' guidance with my first layout, I got into a groove. I learned a new trick. Well a long time ago Doris taught me about having a visual triangle on your layouts. Saturday night I learned that you can put as much junk as you want to in a pile and it will still be counted as 1. How exciting it has changed my scrapbooking for awhile. I just love my layouts I did of the old time photos!!!! I didn't wear a watch and Doris didn't have any clocks where I could see them and I ended up staying till 1:30AM. I was embarrassed I stayed so long, but for a girl who gets tired at 10ish I sure had a lot of energy.


So here are my 2007 (all but one) layouts so far:


This one was finally completed in 2007, but it was done in November 2006- so I'm not counting it as one of this years layouts. I'm happy with how it turned out. I hadn't done a layout about myself and I felt kind of weird about doing one. So what I did was create this. I left boxes where my friends could write something they knew or loved about me.



On January 1st- I went to Scrappin' Memories and did these 2 layouts and started on another that I didn't get finished.:


Then on January 5th I did these 2 but revisited them and made them much better the other night.

I did 3 layouts at Doris'. The one above of Mason and these 2:

Then on Sunday after church Jann, Dana and I met at Scrappin' Memories and I did this layout, which I think is my favorite.

Like I said, I don't know how I got away with Saturday and Sunday, but I sure had the best time! Even when I got home on Sunday I got to watch TV....Oh what a luxury! I watched the Apprentice. I really like it.

7 comments:

Dana said...

They are GORGEOUS!!! I just want to go back and look over and over again!

Renee said...

Can't wait to see them IRL. They look fabulous. Isn't Doris a great teacher. Very patient. Glad you got some U time!

Jill LaFaye said...

Great start on the 100 page goal you have for 2007! I love the pictures..very sweet!

Jumpin' On My Last Nerve said...

These are great! And I'm so jealous of your weekend off. I'm a scrapbooking novice, but am working on it.

TracieClaiborne said...

Chelle - those are some of my favorite layouts you've ever done! Great job "grouping" your accents. I think you've found your signature style.

Anonymous said...

Great layouts Chelle! I can't believe how much your style has changed just over the last year! They look so shabby and antique-y! Glad you had a good time with your friends...and don't know how you scored that weekend off but I'm so glad for you! You certainly deserve it, you wonderful mommy!

Jill LaFaye said...

I love the picture of you on the blog/profile pic! You look so cute! You have such a cute smile..always!