Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day



Mother's Day was GREAT!

Aussie jumped up first thing Sunday morning and said, "Happy Mother's Day!" He was SO excited about the gift he got me. I think he even slept with it the night before. He told me I would think it was beautiful and that I could put it up in his room on the bookshelf. So he ran and gave it to me. He got me a long ugly Cat statue. He was so excited! I told him he could keep it in his room. And I gave him tons of hugs!


Then Mason got me 3 small stinky candles (ACHOO!) Ok so they are not really stinky- they are just floral scented which I'm allergic to. But he was SO precious! Daddy said he looked at each candle and smelled each one. He picked them out especially for me, which is just priceless! He took them and distributed them around the house. Will I light them? You bet!


The best things were the homemade cards. This is the first year that they really could write all their letters. So they each wrote Happy Mother's Day on their cards and signed their names. I just LOVE them!


Now I need to tell you about one of Ashley's cards that she made for me. She made this the other day. But first a little story. Everytime I see a little baby out in public I go Ga ga over it. Many times I will hold a friend's baby and I tease the kids and say, "Should I take him home?" And they always say, "NO" I say, "Well why not?" And they usually tell me because he doesn't belong to us. Sometimes Aussie will say, "Because WE are your babies". This is a little game that I like to play with them. Anyway, now everytime Ashley sees a baby before me she says, "OH no" And I say "What is it?" And she points at a baby and then says, "Remember my rule! You can't hold or take home any other babies." It totally makes me laugh! Well the other day she told me she was going to make me something she knew I really really wanted. So she drew me a card with lots of babies on it. Isn't that sweet?


I really enjoyed Mother's Day! How about you?


1 comment:

Jill LaFaye said...

Cute pics..Chelle. Where did you take these?