
They all sat down and read their maps. I have no idea if they could actually read it or not, but they sure thought they were.
We did get to see some more animals. Someday, I'll have to go back and enjoy it by myself.
Here are some more pictures of the animals we saw.
I just love this picture of the leopard sleeping on the tree branch. I had only seen that in cartoons.
This is a little "tiny" cave along the path that the kids ducked into so Mommy could take a picture.

And in this picture Ashley is looking at the Alligators. I just thought it was a cute profile shot.
Then on Tuesday I took the kids to Centennial Park. They fed the ducks and geese with goldfish crackers.
I just love orange on my kids. I wouldn't have thought to buy them. But this is one of the hand me downs and I just love them.
Wednesday and Thursday were a blur, I don't even remember what happened. Friday was a BIG day! Greg and I went to the curriculum fair. We got or ordered everything for starting to homeschool in the Fall. I'm actually excited now. Everyone I talk to has such different oppinions on what curriculum you should use. I felt myself defending my decision before I even got it. That is very frustrating! Honestly I just don't know until I'm into it. I feel negatism (is that a word?) all around me. PLEASE, DON'T SAY ANYTHING UNLESS IT IS ENCOURAGING! Unfortunately, I am very affected by what people say and more times than not after talking to someone about homeschooling I feel like I'm going to be a failure. Or I think that that person thinks I'm going to be a failure. Either way it is not a healthy way to look at it. SO encouraging words only please. The kids ask everyday if they can start Kindergarten. They are very excited about me being their teacher.
So today was a BLAST! I went to Scrapin' Memories and had an all day crop. It was really fun. The owner of the plaza, Sophies Bistro, donated appetizers and they were incredible!!! I thought that was pretty smart, because I know now I will go to them. Tammy had lots of door prizes, games, contests and make-n-takes. Everybody got a door prize. I won the first game. It was several words that we needed to unscramble. They were not easy! But I finally got them all with a clue for the one word everyone was stuck on. And I won an 8x8 album.
Tomorrow is going to be a REALLY busy day. I'm not even sure we will get to do everything. Here are the events, but lots of them run into each other: Church, Church picnic, Graduation party, Usborne meeting, Harris Teeter (triple coupons), Greg works with Wes, I take kids to small group, I put kids to bed, love on neglected kitten, go to bed!
So that is my week in a nutshell! Or should I say this is Nut Chelle's week at a glance.
(My attempt at being funny late at night.) Ok so goodnight and God bless!

5 comments:
Congrats on getting your curriculum! I know how mind bending it can be to choose!!!! Don't worry about what people say - you are their Mom and you will know them best to be able to choose what will suit them! And anyway, we have ALL chosen things that we later wish we hadn't wasted the money on, so don't be afraid to change something if it isn't working. Just because you bought it doesn't mean you HAVE to finish it! Just keep at it till you find the things that 'work' for your kiddos. And incidentily, I have a friend with twins who has to use some different things for each of them as their learning styles are different, so being triplets might not mean that the same things will be right for all of them! You are doing a great job Mommy, hang in there!
Curriculum choosing is certainly intimidating, but homeschooling is great fun for all. Why would you want to send those lovely babes off to school everyday? What would you do with yourself? My #2 might make me nuts, but I'd rather he drive me batty with his incessant questions than ask them of someone else.
I hope you found exactly what you need for each of your kids, and that you all have great fun reading and learning together.
such a busy week!
how exciting about you getting the curriculum!
yes - everyone has their opinions -but you do what is right for your children!
i was fortunate because i just kept on with what Jonathan was using at MJCA - except for the math - and that change was good.
so far so good!
great pics. Can't wait to see what you'll do with them. Have you been scrappin or just zooing?
Love your photos : ) We just took a trip to the Wildlife recovery center near us but we definitely didn't see anything as exotic as a leopard!
Congratulations on deciding on a curriculum for next year. It can definitely be a difficult choice to make with so many great things out there to choose from. Definitely don't feel like you will fail! We all start out blind and find out what our children like, what works best for them and for you, and how to make it better each year!! So if you end up hating what you bought this year just think the next year you get to have fun choosing again or you just might LOVE what you got and that is an awesome thing to : )
You're going to do great!
Blessings,
BChsMamaof3
Post a Comment