Tuesday, May 01, 2007

New Arrivals Day

Oh SO MANY things...Let's start with Sunday.

Greg and I did a reading at church from Psalm 88. This day at church is a very special day for me. This is the day our church recognizes and blesses all the children born in the year before. We call it New Arrivals Day. For many years this was a very hard day for me because we were not able to get pregnant on our own and seeing those children...well it just hurt! So now that I have been blessed with my heart's desire, this day helps me to really focus on our answered prayers.

Our congregational reading was about suffering and asking God if he even hears our prayers. Anyway, Greg and I read this during all three services at church. So for the first 15 minutes of the first service we put the kids in the nursery (since there are no classes during 1st). There was a TV in there where the workers could watch the service. When we read...our kids stopped playing and watched us intently. Greg got back to the nursery first and Austin asked him what 'bewildered' meant(which was one of the words I had said). Greg told him and when I got to the the room, Austin said to me, "If I lose you I will be in the dark, all alone, bewildered and lost and scared."

Talk about making my heart melt. These are the exact words I said, "There is no light in this place of deep dark, I am alone, bewildered and lost."

He just blows me away. Well I don't have anymore time to blog right now, I have to run out the door, but I have lots more to share. I will be blogging later today.

No comments: