Saturday, May 26, 2007

Today and an invitation to scrapbook

I didn't take any pictures today and I wish I had.
Today we washed the cars. We got the kids outside to help and they were so cute. Mason sprayed the cars and Austin and Ashley got sponges and scrubbed the cars. Ashley said, "I know I'm very good at this." Then she would turn around and say, "This car is so dirty it is so disgusting." Cracked me up!
I actually enjoyed washing the car. But my body sure was aching after I finished.

---------------------------------------------------

Since we have very little in the bank right now, we are fixing food that we actually have in the freezer. (What a concept!)
So for lunch I made Poppyseed chicken (Ashley's request). And I made a yummy pork roast. I didn't know pork could taste so good. It was a very easy recipe. 1 pork roast, 1 cup Worstershire sauce and 1 cup brown sugar. Put it in the crockpot on high for 1 hour and then on low for 8 to 10 hours.

I got a lot of this food from the Angel Food Ministries. I don't even have a clue how to cook some of it. I've got some frozen frying chicken thighs. What do I do with them? I don't think any of us like the thighs. Is that dark meat or white meat? If it's white meat I'll boil them and get the meat off for casseroles, but if it's dark meat I don't know what I'll do with it. Does anyone want them?

I pulled out steak burgers for tomorrow.
I wish we had a grill.
______________________________________

Well I'm falling asleep. I am really trying to figure out something interesting to say, but nothing is coming to me.

OHHHHH!

Saturday, June 9th
Some of my friends are getting together to scrapbook at my church from 8 to 5PM. (Yes, I doubt I'll be there at 8AM) BUT...this is going to be a Scrapbooking Yard Sale too. Bring something you don't need anymore to sell and/or pick up something that you might want to have. YOU Locals are invited to come. Let me know if you would like to come and I'll give you directions. Just email me at eskimokisses@bellsouth.net .

6 comments:

Jill LaFaye said...

Sounds like you all had a great day! I will let you know if I can attend the crop. I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about it. Talk soon!

Hollye said...

Dang it! I am actually going to be in town that weekend,but Brian is playing in a golf tournament on Saturday and that is the weekend my mom gets her Chemo treatment, so I don't have child care. I WANT to crop. I need to crop. I NEED to get rid of half of my scrapbook supplies that I don't use either. I need to find a sitter. Darn it. Guess I will end up cleaning the garage or something like that instead.

Deedee said...

Hiya! Thighs are dark meat, just to let you know. And they are also my favorite part of the chicken! A really easy (and cheap)way of doing them that we love is to put them in your crockpot, sprinkle a packet of onion soup mix over them and add hot water till it comes half way up the thighs. Then cook it on low for about 8 hours. The mat is lovely and tender and the juices can then be put in a pot and thickened to make some sauce, or sometimes I just pour the juices over rice along with the chicken and some mixed veg on the side! Hope you enjoy! (PS just to let you know that thighs are meatier than drumsticks but a similar flavor, and they tend to be one of the cheapest cuts because they are simply less popular than drumsticks and breast pieces.So they are usually very economical - hence a favorite with us!)

Jann Gray said...

DeeDee's recipe sounds yummy! I also like to broil thighs with lemon butter/salt and pepper. Actually, bake then broil. Add a little cheese to the top -- YUMMY! They are very moist and yummy. The do also make GREAT meat for chicken salad.

I am so going to try and work on coming to the crop/scrapbook yard sale. Would just love to hang out with you all...and know there is stuff I need to get rid of...

Hope you have a great Memorial Day

Hugs!

Rachel V. said...

I had forgotten about the Yard Sale part of the crop. I need to start getting stuff together.

And here's a link where I got that white pen. I think if you have a $25 order you get free shipping.

http://www.jetpens.com/product_info.php/cPath/239_66/products_id/380

Jill LaFaye said...

Usborne books are here!