Monday, September 17, 2007

accidents

Well I'm in good spirits but it really hasn't been the best day!


Since we didn't take off school for Labor Day, I've decided to designate today as our Labor Day holiday.


First we went to the Doctor's office for the kids' annual exam. I thought there would be shots, so I was trying really hard to not mention shots. Completely avoiding it...which actually takes a lot of effort. But fortunately they didn't need shots this time. We had a bad night last night with Ashley up most of the night, so today she just clung to me for dear life.


Anyway, we were RUSHING to get to the doctor's office on time and there were NO Parking spots available anywhere! I went into one area that was PACKED full that I couldn't turn around. So I had to back up. And wouldn't you know it I smacked into one of those stupid poles. If you have to put poles there, why not make them tall enough to see? Oh how frustrating.
I called the office to tell them I was there but I couldn't find a place to park. She told me to look in the parking garage, I roamed around and never did find the parking garage that she said was right there next to the small parking lot. (eyeroll)
The kids checkup was fine. We got their projected heights. I have to say I was slightly disapointed because I thought they would be much taller than what they estimate. I assumed Ashley would be taller than me and the boys would be slightly taller than Greg or right at his height.
Ashley who has continued to be in the 25%. Is projected to be 5'2 or 5'3".
Mason is in the 70% and is projected to be 6' or 6'1.
Aussie is in the 65% and is projected to be 5'10" or 5'11".
But these are just educated guesses. So I can still hope for a growth spurt.
Then tonight at home....After given a good bill of health....Aussie has "d" and has a huge accident all over the bathroom floor. I now need to disinfect the bathtub, the floor, the toilet and wash several towels and the plunger. UGH!
------------------
Greg is representing our family at a funeral tonight. A friend has died with ALS- also known as Lou Gehrig's disease. He died the day before the big ALS walk. Many people from our church showed up to walk and raised $12K for ALS. Our friend Bill Wooten, lead the the walk last year. I wish he could have been there at this walk to see how many people showed up. He leaves behind his wife and young son. Please pray for his family.
-------
Ok now I got to get these kids to bed!

2 comments:

Shari said...

Just thought I'd let you know I have been enjoying your blog for a few weeks now. Your children are adorable and I'd love to hear more about how you homeschool your 3 little ones.

Snarky Mom Reads said...

Chelle - sorry to hear about the loss of Bill - I recall you speaking of him before. And I'm really sorry that A is sick... but so glad that he made it into the restroom, at least!!