Saturday, September 22, 2007

Alazooma

Many of you know that my husband writes many of the J.A.M movie scripts at church. Well many times he has to make up names for the supporting characters whose names are not mentioned in the Bible.

This is a story about a little girl who takes after her Daddy:

Ashley LOVES the story about Jairus's daughter. She has Daddy read it over and over again to her. I think she mainly likes it because in the little Bible book that she has, the picture shows Jairus's daughter having long hair. And Ashley goes around everywhere and tells people she wants to have long hair like Jairus's daughter.

Yesterday, in the most sincere voice from the back of the car, Ashley says to me: Mom, since we don't actually know Jairus's daughter's name, I've decided to call her Alazooma.

Would I have thought to do this when I was her age? I came up with names for my dolls, but I don't think I ever came up with a name for someone in the Bible who was refer to as someones daughter, son, Dad, Mom, woman, etc.

It made me laugh! And it makes me see that she has a little bit of Greg's thought process in her.

No comments: