Saturday, September 01, 2007

School Daze

Today was a pretty good day! I love co-op days. The kids like their class. This morning Austin leaned over and whispered, "I like this school better than your school." I just stuck my tongue out at him. I can see why though. We have to do the learning to read and math stuff. And in co-op they have fun unit studies. Oh well, it didn't really bother me.
Then in the morning I have 1 hour of freedom. Today I ran to the post office and Wal Mart during that time. Then I came back to help with the 2nd and 3rd graders.
Then after school they had drama and ballet. When I walked in the room during drama, Mason was crawling on the floor saying MOOOOO! It was really cute.
Then Ashley got dressed for her ballet class.
I brought that mirror in for them and the other little girls wanted to see too. That little girl on the left is such a doll. She's always that "prissy" or maybe I should say "dainty". Anyway, she makes me smile when I see her.
Someone asked if the boys were going to be in ballet. And I said, I didn't know it was open for boys. I asked Austin if he wanted to do ballet, he said, "No ballet is for girls, and I'm a boy." Then the lady said, her grandfather was a famous dancer and many boys do it.
I said to Austin they are letting boys come in, do you want to do it? And he said yes. His smile lit up the whole room. I peeked in on them and gave him the thumbs up. And he whispered, "This is fun!" We think another boy might join next week. I need to go out and find a boyish "gym short type" outfit for him.
Oh I also asked Mason if he wanted to take ballet and that was the fasted no I've ever heard! LOL! Mason and I had some one on one time, which was really nice!
When we got home I took a nap. (BIG SMILE) The kids watched some TV and then they played school. Ashley was the teacher.
They had all their stuffed animals in all the little chairs and pillows. She would pretend to read the story, making up her own words. Then she would hold up the book and ask if everyone could see it. Then Austin or Mason would chime in for their animals answers.
Then she gave them homework. They all made valentines. And Elephant and Moose did theirs first so they got "chips or tokens" (Poker chips I got from the $1 store that I give them when they have completed something for school.)
Then I got to go grocery shopping. I know most people hate this chore, but I know I'm not the only one out there that LOVES to go grocery shopping. Unless I have to hurry for some reason or have the kids with me, then I think it is very relaxing!
It's nice to finally have food in the pantry, money in the bank and be able to sleep in and then go scrapbooking. Ahhhh. I look forward to tomorrow!

2 comments:

Jill LaFaye said...

Ashley looks so sweet in her little ballet outfit! I think it is cool that Austin wants to be in ballet(boys/men make great dancers)!

Jann Gray said...

I think Ashely looks like a Princess Ballerina. I think it is terrific that Austin is enjoying dance...he will have a terrific time.

Glad you are having a "scrappy" weekend...I know it helps relieve stress for me.