Today was a pretty fun day. It was a crafty day!
We made salt dough ornaments.
They are really easy to make but they take quite a long time to dry.
After baking them 3 hours, I turned off the oven and went to a party.
We were invited to a last minute party celebrating 12/12/12.
Everyone attending had to wear 12 of something.
Aussie was really proud of what he came up with and played out the part. He was wearing 12 imaginary friends. He gave them all bizarre names starting with Z, except for the last one whose name was Bob. Since we had to wear something to get in the door, I made him pin the names to the back of his shirt.
Mason had 12 12s painted on his face in 12 different colors.
Ashley went all out, she wanted to have 12 different items of 12, but we ran out of time. I kept saying I think the party starts at 7:00. Then I finally said, well I guess I better look because if it starts at 6:00 we should be there now. It started at 6:00. Oops!
Anyway, Ashley had 12 ponytails, 12 freckles, 12 necklaces, 12 bracelets, 12 hearts on her hand and 12 socks on.
The funniest thing today was she came downstairs waddling and asked if the 12 pairs of underwear made her butt look big. Not something that I thought I would hear from her for a few years. Her pants were tight and she could barely walk in them, so I told her to stick with only things she could show to other people.
Ashley won the prize. She won a box of Lindt chocolate bears. Mmmmm!
I wore 12 rings and it was very uncomfortable wearing rings on all my fingers.
One of my favorites there was someone drew 12 faces with different emotions and attached them to her sleeve. So she was wearing her emotions on her sleeve. Pretty dang clever!
At the party we played a game called Apples to Apples. That was fun! Aussie was surprisingly pretty good at it.
Then we came home and painted our ornaments.
Aussie painted the Qatar flag, because that is his favorite flag. This reminds me of when he was really little. We made some bread ornaments. I still have several of them, but many of them broke. But every one of his ornaments he painted had the Germany flag on it. I showed him one the other day and he adamantly said, "I didn't paint that!" I said, "Yes you did, you painted the German flag on everything." He said, "I did not paint THAT one! The colors are backwards. I know the order the colors are on the German flag !"
Cracked me up!
Here are the ornaments Ashley painted and Aussie's flag:
And here are the ones I painted:
My favorites are the ones I drew freehand!
Tomorrow is another busy day, but the activities don't start until 2:00.
I wonder what I will create next. Oh how I love this time of year!!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment