Sunday, December 09, 2012

Executive summary of last week

OK it is time to catch up and tell you briefly of everything that happened last week. It was nearly one of my busiest weeks I've ever had, but I'm going to try to catch you up to speed.

Last Friday night and Saturday, Greg took on an extra job stage managing.  I don't know if I should say it is an easy job, but it is a job Greg can do well and at least makes it look easy!  And he got a nice little paycheck from that job.  But he also brought home some flowers from the event and gave them to me.





I really love the orchids.

Last Sunday we had a Christmas party at church.  Aussie is a bit of a scrooge and didn't want to attend so Greg took him out to lunch and home, while Ashley, Mason and I stayed for the party. They had horse and carriage rides, 

crafts,

 cookie decorating, gingerbread house making,
 pony rides

and they had pictures with Santa.  Ashley and Mason humored me by getting a picture with him and me, but we haven't gotten those pictures back.

 Edie is a friend and she hung out with us the whole day.  She also asked to be in our family picture with Santa.  So I got one with her and one without.

 On Monday, our neighbors came to visit. (I already blogged about that.)
Tuesday, was Gabriel's birthday party, Chick Fil A and Lego League practice.
At Gabriel's birthday they had a BIG Nerf gun fight.  He has a huge back yard and the kids went wild!





Aussie had a little trouble with the make-up.  We had a tremendous time getting it off before going to our next 2 activities.

Monday and Tuesday I also had to make a skirt for Ashley to wear in the upcoming play. Dress Rehearsal was on Wednesday.  But I also made her another little skirt at the same time that she LOVES and has worn it at least 3x.  It is made out of a shirt we found at Goodwill. Well of course I had to make the skirts for her American Girl doll as well.

 Wednesday, I took Mason to the orthodontist.  Then Ashley went to a friend's house to play and then all to play practice.  While they were practicing, I worked on my next 8 week syllabus for my class.

Thursday, the kids had an interview they had to complete for Lego League.  Greg took them in the morning. I prepared for my class on Friday.  Since it was the last day of school for the semester, I had a lot more things I had to get together for my class.  Thursday night they had another Lego League practice and I was supposed to go pack the kits at Jenni Bowlin's studio but I wasn't feeling well and had to cancel.

Friday, was co-op.  In my class we made volcanoes and exploded them-always fun for 2nd and 3rd graders.  We didn't go home after school. We had about an hour and a half before I had to be back for a meeting and then an hour before the kids had to be back for the play.  I spent a lot of that time getting the kids costumes together and ironed and ready to go.  Friday night was the performance. It was the typical elementary school play.  I was sitting on the second row and couldn't hear most of them.  Only a few had mics and I couldn't understand some of them.  BUT...my kids were loud and clear and had good stage presence.

Aussie really hated his part.  He had to have a "bad country accent".  He did well with it and kept it up throughout the play. He had to wear jeans and a plaid shirt which he hated.  He also was supposed to change clothes into a really bad mix-matching outfit, but during the play he was sweating so much he wasn't able to get the clothes on.  He said he was so nervous.  I could tell a little at one point, but I thought he did well.

 Ashley was a reporter and she really ROCKED her part.  She did an excellent job and really got into it.  Mason was I think her camera man.  He did well with his part and didn't need a mic at all.  


 Yesterday, we got up sickening early and went to Cookeville to the Lego League Tournament.  It was a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG Day!  And not one to accidentally leave your cell phone/ reading material at home.  The day was filled with the kids running their NXT Mindstorm Lego robot,

 making presentations, being interviewed and lots and lots of waiting for the next event.  Well lots of waiting for the parents, the kids would practice and make improvements to their computer programs in between run times. This is their team.

At the end of the day awards are given and our team actually won third place in the category innovative programming (which happened to be Aussie's baby).  He LOVES the programming part.


 What a cool Lego trophy!


 Only first, second and third place winners are announced. But the results were posted late last night or this morning and Aussie figured out that their team came in 9th in the whole competition out of 59.  That is really, really good, especially for it being their first year.  Actually, it was my kids first year not the teams first year.

And that just about sums it up. Edie is at our house today playing with my kids while her Mom studies for an exam. Last night we got my new washing machine hooked up.  It looks really cool.  I'm afraid there might be a learning curve to it.  I've already found in my first load that it doesn't like to wash towels and sheets together, it kept saying it wouldn't spin because of an unbalanced load.  Once I took the sheets out it did perfectly fine.  Off to run another load and make dinner.






No comments: