When Greg and I were first married I remember handcrafting all the cards we sent out. One year it involved double embossing and was quite tedious and time consuming, yet very beautiful. if you know my husband (and you probably do), he knows everyone! And if he's met you at least twice he considers you a friend. My kids call him the "friendly freak". That year and many years to follow we sent out over 250 cards. That's A LOT of cards.
One year I had a good idea for a for a photo. We made a sand snowman while we were in Florida, and that became our Christmas card. I think from then on all of are cards were photos.
As time went on we gained even more friends and postage has gone up and up and it is quite the expense to send out cards. And it is also quite convenient to email a picture at little to no cost at all. For several years now that is just what we have been doing to save a little money. But this year I decided to send out a picture postcard to family members and just a few out of state friends.
Back when we were sending out lots of cards we were in return getting lots of cards. Oh how I love to get one in the mail! I made a whole window treatment one year of cards. I think I actually kept those up for the whole year until it was time to change them out. But when we stopped sending them, we stopped getting as many.
My favorite cards were from other triplet families, each one would top the next with the fun photo ideas. You may or may not remember our "Ho Ho Ho" picture. I got that idea from another triplet Mom. We didn't sent that picture out as a Christmas card. I think my Mom would have fainted! But I certainly shared it around and it was quite talked about for years to come.
The picture we used this year is the one I shared on my blog earlier. It is a family picture taken at a little pond near a local library. It was a chilly, blustery day and in many of our pictures our hair is blowing in our faces, but she did happen to catch this one when the wind stopped for a moment.
February Cocoa Daisy Project Shares!
10 years ago

1 comment:
Although I've never made lovely cards, I really appreciate them and the time that goes into them. But we, like you and many, many others do not send as many cards as we once did. It's sad, but it has become expensive.
I wanted to send a funny photo postcard this year, but haven't come up with one, so...
Post a Comment