Sunday, December 09, 2012

Remembering my favorite Christmas Gift

I remember my favorite Christmas gift as a child.

 I must have been 10 years old when I got it.  It was THE thing I wanted the most, but none of the big boxes had my name on it.  There were six of us kids, only 5 at any given time in the house.  So the Christmases were grand to say the least.  We tried opening the gifts one by one, but it never turned out that way.  Everyone opened at once and moved onto the next one.  There is no wonder there are not many pictures of us opening gifts.  Who do you focus on when?  At the end of opening all the presents under the tree, out comes a big box from behind the couch.  It didn't have my name on it either, but that was a trick, or it could have been a mistake (that happened occasionally).  But most like it was to deter me from knowing it was mine.  Did I carefully take off the paper? Probably not. I don't remember, but I probably tore into it to find THE. Most. Wanted. Gift. of all time!

A Barbie Dream house fully furnished

It was the mansion of all Barbie houses.  And it did not disappoint! Now a days they make them so they fold up neatly to put away. Not this thing! It was huge.  It came in 3 sections and it was amazing!  I played and played and played with it long after it was cool to play with Barbies. If you ask me there has not been a better Barbie house made since then. This was the perfect gift!

The picture above is me, but we don't know at what age. I'm guessing I'm 10 in this picture, possibly the Christmas I got this gift.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This brings back memories! It was my favorite Christmas gift too, in fact I loved it so much that when I outgrew it I asked my mom if we could take it down and box it up for my future daughters! I hope she still has both boxes, my daughter will soon be at the Barbie stage :)