Saturday, December 15, 2012

Melting Snowman Cookies and Opryland


It says it is 72 degrees in here, but that has to be wrong.  I am freezing! I wish I was sitting by this fire place.
 Yesterday, Ashley's Girl Scout troop went to Opryland Hotel.  They are bridging from being Brownies into being Juniors.  We thought we would walk from across the street to save on parking.  I thought that we could take fewer cars and share the parking.  We all thought parking was $10 and I was willing to pay $5.  But when we got there the self parking was $20!  That is ridiculous!  So we parked across the street and walked.  It wasn't a bad walk and the weather wasn't too cold.  The only time it was hard on me was when I stopped to take a picture and everyone else kept walking, so I had to run to catch up.  I was out of breath when I caught up.

It was absolutely beautiful and I did get a few pictures.  Not as many as I would have liked and I would have liked to walk the hotel and see everything.  However, Ashley really wanted to get to a 2nd event so we had to leave early to get there.



 The nativity was gorgeous!
 It was really busy in the hotel.  And I felt like we were in everyone's way as the girls were performing their little ceremony.

 Each individually walked across a bridge taped a piece of the rainbow to some cardboard clouds and then Ms. Amy presented them with their new sash.

Then all of them walked together over a bridge with the rainbow. 
Ms. Jamie embroidered these bags for them.

 OK I need to hurry, I'm falling asleep!


 I made the cutest cookies tonight!  They are melting snowman cookies!  And they even taste good!




 Now I have a picture of Mason's hands.  I need to get one of Aussie next.


 Ashley has a friend over and they made some salt dough ornaments









OK sorry, I'm fading faster than I anticipated.  I need to go to bed.  I'll have to write more tomorrow.  Good night!

No comments: