A list of some of my favorite Christmas things:
- Christmas lights
- Christmas music
- Santa
- Snowmen
- Reindeer
- Stockings
- The smell of Evergreen trees
- The smell of cinnamon
I love crafting and Christmas and crafting go hand and hand when it comes to me. Every year I'll start at least one project for a Christmas present. I'm not afraid to "try" anything when it comes to crafting (paper, knitting, wood-working, sewing, felting). It's all wonderful. And when someone's face lights up when they open a handcrafted present- Now that is magical.
This last week was too busy! Too many required things that caused way too much stress for me. The only 2 things that I had scheduled that I would really enjoy I had to cancel because I absolutely could take on no more.
As I go into this week, I'm going to try and focus on Christmas cozy or joy instead of all the stress.
What is it that is going to make me happy and what things can I do to really enjoy this Christmas? That is what I am going to focus on this week. I'm sure it will certainly incorporate many of those things on my Christmas favorites list. I'm starting tonight. I plan to turn on the Christmas lights, listen to a little Christmas music and start a little/big craft project that I have been wanting to start all week long!
You know I'm doing this little journal your Christmas project, well it also has photo prompts that you can choose to do. One was to focus on hands. I love how the picture above turned out. Those are Ashley's hands holding the JOY ornament. I need to take some more and get Mason and Aussie's hands.
Another photo prompt was actually to use a photo editing software and put and overlay onto a picture. I had an idea and I think it turned out pretty cute.


1 comment:
love what you're doing with shimelle's prompts!
Post a Comment