Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Dear Santa,

Why is it that everything I want for Christmas have to be expensive?  What do I say when Mom or anyone else asks what I would like to have?  I can't very well say, I want a toilet that actually flushes crap down.  I'm not trying to be funny. I'm serious!  This downstairs toilet is for the birds!  Or how I would really like to have a new kitchen floor that doesn't have holes in it and preferably one that doesn't get as dirty as this one.

(By the way aren't you glad I didn't show a picture of the first one?)

Or how about the the lens I want for my camera that costs more than the camera cost?
Canon 2.8 24-70mm L or the Canon 70-200 L 2.8

Well Santa if you are listening, those are the things THIS Mom really wants.

Today was a pretty fun day.  We went with other homeschoolers to see ICE at Opryland. I had never been there before and it is quite impressive.  Just about everything is made of ice.  This year's theme was Shrek The Halls.  The weather turned cold today and the kids were chilly waiting to go in from outside.  They knew  that inside was going to be worse at 9 degrees F.

Once you get inside EVERYONE is given a parka.  It may keep you warm but it sure is hard to tell who is who amongst lots of kids.




 In one of the rooms are slides made out of ice.  The kids had a blast on these.
(Ashley)
 (Mason)


 (Aussie before I gave him my scarf)


(And Aussie after I gave him my scarf- I can't see his eyes at all)




The dragon was certainly one of my favorite sculptures there!

And the nativity is beautiful, but since it is clear it was hard to photograph.  The ones that lit up helped a little.





The gift shop was really fun to look around in, but by that time my kids wanted to ske-dat. I did manage to get a picture of them in front of the gingerbread house wall.

Tonight I didn't get to do the craft that I have been wanting to work on.  Aussie has been asking me for days to make another outfit that he designed for one of his Build A Bears.  So that is what I did.  He thinks he is an awesome designer.  And what came out actually looks pretty good, but let me tell you if I didn't give him some consulting advice the bunny would look nudey tudey with the diamond shape cutouts.  Anyway here is his bunny sporting a pretty cool dress and jacket.


And last but not least my photo prompt for today was to take a picture of my tree from outside through the window. I love it!

Well it's about time for me to get tired.  I've been going strong and I just looked up to see the time. EEEEEk! It's nearly 4 AM.  I don't have to be up early, YAY!  It's Christmas Break. The kids are going to like what I have on the Advent Calender tomorrow.  However, with me staying up so late, I may need to change the timing of it.  I'll let you in on it tomorrow.

No comments: