Today started out with me teaching my Science class. We are studying Astronomy and today in class we made edible Mars Rovers.
Here's what I made:

And here is one one of the boys made:
It was certainly a big hit! They all had a lot of fun!
Then I got a call from Ms. Cori. She is the owner/director of The Theater Bug. She had been asked if a group of kids could perform tonight from the Cabaret camp she is doing right now at the Family Wash. My kids are not in this camp, but several of the people in it couldn't be there. So she desperately called and asked if my kids could perform tonight. They met at 5:30, learned a song and performed it at 6:30! Mason had a little solo part and he nailed it! They *might* be on the news. I'm not sure which news station was there but they filmed them singing. With the video camera right in my way, I didn't get many pictures.
Even Ashley's friend got to participate and she had a blast even though she is quite shy.
So tonight Ashley's friend is spending the night. Aussie had to study for a Chinese final exam tomorrow and that left Mason out. He was pretty sad! So Mason and I had a little Mother-Son time. I had some materials leftover from class today so we made some "gingerbread" houses.
Here they are alongside my December Advent calendar. I made it a couple of years ago. I put little slips of paper in each box that has an activity a day. Some are a given such as the Christmas play they are performing in and then some are activities we plan to do such as going to Opryland and see the lights. Not everything is an activity outside the house. A couple of them are rent a movie or make cookies.
You know what is in tomorrow's box?
I'll give you a hint...It's the first Saturday of the month.
I already told Ashley we will go at 10:00, so she better not wake me up earlier!
And I'm done...2:36AM over an hour. Ha! I'm ready for bed!






No comments:
Post a Comment