Monday, September 04, 2006

Labor Day


Well back to blogger....I just didn't feel secure on that other site. Sorry it's been so long!

Anyway, Greg was off work today and we went to Radnor Lake. Greg is an idealist and I am a realist, so he thought that our little children would be able to walk around the entire lake. I knew otherwise. This was their first time going. I remember it being long for me to walk, I knew the kids wouldn't be able to handle very much of it.

But we had a nice start!
I caught a butterfly. It's the first time I even tried. I was a little nervous about it getting on me, but I did it and it wasn't bad. Austin wanted to hold it so bad. I tried and tried to get the butterfly on him, but it just wouldn't go. Then Austin said, "that butterfly just doesn't love me." Oh how pitiful!


Anyway, we ran into one of Greg's workmates and talked a long time with him and his family. While I talked to his wife the kids threw rocks into the lake. They were having fun. I found out that she homeschools, so I got some tips on how she does things.

So back to the lovely walk around the the lake. We started walking and did not get very far, when Austin said his cheeks were getting red and that he wanted to go home. Then Mason said he was tired and wanted to go home too. This frustrated Greg, but we turned around to go back to the car. Then Ashley had a meltdown. She did not want to go in that direction. So we ended up carrying Ashley and Mason back to the car. Thank goodness Austin continued to walk!

So that was our fun labor day...How about you? What did you do?

1 comment:

Dana said...

Oh wow! At least it looks really pretty!
I really like your new address!