What a day! Whoa! Glad it's almost over!
A couple of nights ago my mask broke. So I am waiting for a replacement. It will take at least a week.
Anyway, last night I was finalizing things to take to the consignment sale today. My drop off was at 10:10am today. So I stayed up until 2:30AM working on it. I put everything into my computer and planned to print off the tags. Then I would put them on in the morning. WELL...my printer ran out of ink! Where can I get ink at 2:30 in the morning? So I was in panic mode. I IM'd Dana, who is also consigning and was up late tagging. I begged her to print my tags and bring them over in the morning. I didn't get a response so I reluctantly shut down the computer to got to bed instead of waiting for her to come back to her computer. So I went to bed. I tried to duct tape my mask so I could use it, but I ended up holding it to my face all night. Yah I got some good sleep (eyeroll). So when I rolled out of bed in the morning I turned on the computer to see that Dana was able to print my tags. I was going to write Dana "got me covered", but I thought that sounded funny with me rolling out of bed in the same sentence. (wink)
So I rushed and I mean rushed around the house trying to get the stuff sorted and in the car. By the time Dana got there I was a sweaty mess. She said she knew I felt gross, but I didn't look it. So I just thought ok and went along with my business of getting those things tagged. We worked hard for 45 minutes, while our kids ran around in the house getting into everything. We bribed them with everything! We told them we would take them to Bounce Factory if they were good. So we dropped off our stuff at the sale. And I took at least an hour getting all my stuff in there. It took MUCH longer than I expected.
Then we took our kids to The Bounce Factory to play for an hour. It was nice. Not too crowded! I felt like I had a handle on all 3 of them. It was nice, except when we played the skeeball game. Everyone else's kids came up and kept stealing the balls and none of the parents would do anything about it. Problem was I knew these people! The kids had never played skeeball before, so the balls were going all over the place. I was afraid one of the other kids who were leaning over the game was going to get hit. Talk about FRUSTRATING!
Anyway, the kids were hungry. I had NO food in the house. So off to McDonald's we went. The kids played and I sat there listening to a very high energetic sales person from Avon. They were having a meeting in McDonald's playarea. I have nothing against Avon...but that is not what I wanted to hear at the moment. I learned if you ask a Avon rep how much she typically makes...their response should be well how much would you like to make? (double eyeroll) I just wasn't in the mood. I kept thinking that they were going to gang up on me and have me practice their speil. (sp?)
So then I hit my tired point! Whoa- I was tired. I took the kids home. And I did something I probably shouldn't do. I put the alarm on the house. I put on a movie for them to watch (which they didn't) and I tried to go to sleep. I had not been that tired in a LONG time. It wasn't good sleep, because I constantly had one ear on call. I asked Dana and Greg to call me, so I could get up and check on the kids. They were fine, despite destroying the house.
Now it's 10:00 and the last one I think has finally fallen asleep.
Oh oh oh forgot one little point. When I took the kids to McDonald's I went into the restroom and I saw myself for the first time of the day in the mirror. What is that on my face? It's a piece of duct tape! Yes, lovely. Went to the consignment sale, the Bounce Factory and McDonald's before noticing I had duct tape on my face. Hello? It's not like it was not noticable!!
I think I've gone on long enough...there is one other thing, but I'll save it until tomorrow.
I MUST SLEEP!!!! Goodnight y'all!
February Cocoa Daisy Project Shares!
10 years ago
5 comments:
That is what I HATE about some saleswomen - they give the rest of us a bad name!
As for the tape, I laughed every time I saw you today. I kept thinking to myself, "I should tell her but I am enjoying watching her walk around with duct tape all over her face!" Of course I am just kidding :)
I didn't notice it otherwise I would have told you - really ;)
loved the eyerolls. I actually told someone at Target that I thought they were inappropriate by trying to get clients while customers were waiting. She was a creative memories rep and sooooo high on life. Yep. Let the target girl get my shopping tired whining girl a slurpee and popcorn before I show you a new term for the words "die cuts". I later tracked her down and apologized for being rude. Still leaves a bad taste in my mouth for CM.
What consignment sale are you doing this week? I am looking for a few more things for Miss K.
hope you make some $$ off of your consignment stuff!!
i need to get my stuff together for dca coming up....not much, but at least something!
funny about the duct tape and i don't see anything wrong wit taking a nap if you are exhausted, you put the alarm on, you knew they were safe....if you are grumpy like i am when i am that tired...everyone is better off if i get a little nap in!
Good for you for taking a nap - you DESERVE it!! And don't worry about the duct tape - after all, isn't the "in" thing now to have glitter on your skin?? [wink] Speaking of duct tape, I saw a "funny" in our newspaper recently. Here's a quote for you: "Silence is Golden. Duct Tape is Silver." muahahahaaa!
Post a Comment