Sunday, September 17, 2006

little stories of the day

Hello friends and family!

Austin for quite some time came up with this word that he sings quite often. It is the cutest sounding word. He sings "daddadoo daddadoo" when he is happy and playing. And I grin everytime he says it because it really is the cutest sounding thing! So today we were in the car and he said it and Greg asked him, "So what does daddadoo mean?" He said, "It's the chinese way of saying it's play time." ROFLOL!!!!

So this is the CHINESE way of saying it's play time? And he said, "Yes, it's like hyper time and 'heh' (another high pitched sound he makes when he's happy). The 'heh' and 'daddadoo' are chinese."

This boy makes me laugh!
--------------------------------------
Ok so a few days ago Ashley was reading my Bible to me and out of the blue she said, "OK, find the ducky." LOL!!! She has 2 Usborne books where a duck is hidden on each page and you can find it as an extra thing from the story. So she insisted for me to find the ducky, so I just pointed to some words and it made her happy.
----------------------------------
So I've decided I really need to work on Ashley's whining. I just didn't know what to do. So I talked to a friend tonight and I have decided to really work on Ashley this week. So prayers please! This might be a tough week. But I did explain to her tonight that starting tomorrow there was not going to be anymore whining. I asked her what it was and she was able to kind of demonstrate it to me. So when she did it (not intentionally) I piped up and said, "Good job Ashley that is exactly what whining sounds like". You could see it in her eyes like she just figured it out. So I asked her how the right way to say it. So we are off to a good start.
----------------------------
I need a Mason story. Mason has been so sweet. He comes up with inventions that he is just super excited about and wants to show us. And usually it is something like balancing a ball on top of something or a building he made. He has so much joy and you can really see him living his life to the fullest. He just gets so excited over the smallest things.
--------------------------
I was really convicted by something someone said in small group tonight. It's kind of difficult to explain without telling the whole story, but the point is I am going to better myself in some area of my life by at least an inch this week. And that we should all have a plan to live by. If we don't have a plan we could be like we are today or worse 5 years from now. So I need to make up a plan of where I want to be in 5 years and start working toward that goal.

No comments: