I love my children! Boy have they kept me busy today!
I don't know why Austin excludes himself from playing with Mason and Ashley. But most of the day Austin wanted {demanded} me to play with him. So we played "doors". Which means I draw more and more doors from Monster's Inc. and then we play with them. Austin has 52+ doors, but everyday he wants us to make more. He is so pitiful when he is trying to describe how he wants them drawn and we just don't get it.
Well today, I decided to make a matching memory game with the doors. I put uppercase and lowercase letters under each door. Mason and Ashley wanted to play too. So we played this game that seemed to go on for hours. By the end I was saying..."hmmm...I think the other Y is under a yellow door over here by my foot." Or sayinng..."We know this is a Z and this is a W so we won't look under there (for the umpteenth time) for the N". What was I thinking doing the entire alphabet?
Then as I was clipping coupons- which I am now going to attempt to do on a regular basis (so you can send any coupons you don't use my way).
Ashley said to me proudly, "Did you see our lists?"
Yep there on the Foyer wall was several pieces of paper GLUED to the wall.
She and Mason were so proud of themselves. I had to explain to them that we don't use glue on the wall. Ashley tried to say, "but I heard you say use glue on the wall." NO I'm sure I didn't.
I thought I was going to get a lot done today...because I feel better than I have in the last few days. But no it's 4:45 and I've only done 1 load of laundry and folded 2 (which are still on my bed).
Well back to loving on my children. I think I'll go read them a book.
February Cocoa Daisy Project Shares!
10 years ago
3 comments:
Great idea using the doors that Austin enjoys so much and turning that into a learning game! I have the same idea..to start coupon clipping again..I will save them for you..and about getting nothing done today..don't feel bad..I haven't got anything done in a MONTH!..it's a busy Mommy thing..no biggie..don't worry about a thing.(Smile)
Oops! Glue on the wall?! Too funny...well, seeing as it isn't my house it is funny :)!
Great game idea!
Your blogs make me smile. Even when I think it's going to be a rant, it just seems peaceful. You're a great mom. We play the matching game with letters too-we've also done some with pictures of things that begin with the letters. (you can draw them or have them hunt for items in old magazines) Just don't use a picture of the TV for a T. That starts with "THE REMOTE"! Oh my!
Post a Comment