Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Usborne Books

I told you a few weeks ago that I would tell you more about my business endeavor. I am now a consultant for Usborne Books.

I learned of Usborne about 4 years ago, when I saw them at a fair. I had bought several books for my kids as Christmas presents. When I got home I showed my husband the books I got.

Now Greg is Mr. Picky about books! He worked at the Nashville Library and was an English major in college. And he RAVED about them.

They are well written and well illustrated. We fell in love with them.

Now that I am about to homeschool, I knew that I would be using several of these books to teach my kids. That is why I decided to become a consultant.

I am hosting my very first e-show. If you go to this link you will see an online catalog of the books that Usborne carrys. Go ahead and browse around. If you have any questions, you can email me at eskimokisses@bellsouth.net . Also make sure to sign up to win $50 in free books.


Now if you are still with me, Let me tell you about 3 of my favorites.

My family loves the Farmyard Tales. We have the Complete Book of Farmyard Tales. It also comes in smaller collections and individual books. One thing that is really great about this book is that if you have a beginner reader, they can read just the sentence at the top of each page and it still tells a story. But for the advanced reader you can add to the story by reading the sentences at the bottom of the page. Plus this book also has a hidden duck on each page as an added game the kids look forward to when reading.

We also have the First Thousand Words in Chinese and Spanish. Now I took Spanish in High school, so I know how to pronounce the words. But for Chinese, I really have no clue. So these books are internet-linked with a pronunciation guide. I can look up any word in this book and I can hear what the word sounds like.

Then the next book is a new favorite of mine. I just got this in my starter kit. It's called the Usborne First Encyclopedia of Our World. I absolutely love this and so do my kids. It has internet-links for each topic. It has games and extra projects you can do. One thing it has is a recipe to make a rice crispy ball with different colored layers this is used as a model to show the insides of our Earth. Then you can eat it. One of the games it has for the planet page is of the Magic School Bus. The teacher travels from one planet to another and you have to guess where she is by the clues she leaves. I haven't gotten through all of this book yet, but I can tell you I am already impressed.

I'm excited about this new endeavor, because I truly believe in these books. Go take a look here and tell me what you think. If you have a favorite Usborne book leave a comment and share it with me and my readers.

Thanks, Chelle

4 comments:

Jill LaFaye said...

OK I hate it when someone is commentless..so I am leaving one for ya! Ha! I wish the best with your new endeavor! I am going to the site right now to shop for books! Have a safe weekend! Thanks for purchasing SSS Bug Guard *wink*

Hollye said...

LOL...this is what I was going to ask you about. I am doing this little "school" thingy with Kennedy and one of the books they suggest is an Usborne book. She got one of Christmas, so I need to make sure it isn't the same book.

Snarky Mom Reads said...

Hey Chelle - if you would like, or need, someone to be a hostess for you on an e-show, let me know -- I'd be happy to do one! Sheila just did one so I know that she at least owes me [muhahahahhahaaaaa] & I could try to rustle up some more sales :) !!

BB said...

Congratulations on joining the Usborne ranks! You are going to love it. It is really nice to be associated with such a great company. I am a twin mom who homeschools and sells Usborne, so we have a lot in common. Best of luck to you!