Saturday, September 15, 2007

Family

This is my brother and his wife with President Bush.












How exciting is that? (no comments Dana or MO) (those are my 2 very good liberal friends)

President Bush went to Bulgaria and John actually got to talk to him for a good long time. President Bush actually came out of there saying that we had some very good intelligent people in the Peace Corp. there.

I'm so proud of my brother and his wife!!

_______________________
Well I meant to get on SIStv tonight and look up some good layouts I could scraplift, but instead I ended up clearing out my email inbox. I had over 2000 emails just in the inbox and now there is under 200. So I'm glad I did it. It needed to be done, but I wish I would have had time to look on SIStv too.



So today was co-op day. It was a great day at school and then we went on our field trip to Cheekwood. This is a picture of the Kindergarten - 2nd graders group.



AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!! What do you do when one child is crying and the other two "seem" to be enjoying themselves? Do you punish them all by leaving? I know my child was being disruptive to the entire group. I so didn't want to pick her up and carry her, but I felt that was the only way for the other two to stay in the tour and for the other people to hear. But it was also giving into her demanding ways.




Anyway, we went on a very short tour of "part" of Cheekwood. I was disappointed that she didn't take us to the Japanese garden or down by the big pond. But also on the other hand, my children wanted to go home. We got in the car and Austin said that that was SO BORING! It's days like this when I just want to be the Mom they run to from the school bus and give me big hugs and tell me they missed me.



----------------

Tonight I scrapbooked 2 1/2 layouts. Tomorrow I will finish up the 1/2 layout. You know that's not too bad for 4 hours. Those of you who don't scrapbook won't understand why it takes that long, especially after you see what I did. But actually a lot of thought goes into each page. It is not as easy as you might think. But also it is a time to be with friends. Last weekend I got 5 layouts done, but I sat by myself. This week I had my friend Dana with me. Which one would I rather have? Definitely the time I spend with my friends. It wouldn't matter if I didn't get anything done. It's being with friends that is so important.

Well it's after 1AM so I guess I better get to bed so I can get up early and go back to the scrapbook store. My husband is SO AWESOME for letting me get out like this on the weekends! It helps my psyche (is that the right use of that word?) and it gives him time to really be with the kids. I love him!!!! He is a great man!

4 comments:

Dana said...

OK, first of all your husband rocks - 2 days of scrapbooking? I am so jealous!
Secondly, a visit and a picture with the President is super cool no matter which President it is...what a great memory for your brother and his wife. OK, that is all the nice-ness I can handle towards Bush right now ;)

Jill LaFaye said...

How exciting to have your pic with President Bush!

Your Republican Friend.

Snarky Mom Reads said...

Okay, I was just about to throw up a little bit in my mouth when I saw your note about not saying anything. ::wink:: Anyway, I agree with Dana -- it doesn't matter WHO it is, meeting a President is SUCH an honor!! And now I need to go check out Dana's blog 'cause obviously she is cool, too LOL!!

Jessica Turner said...

I'm on SIS TV - look me up - NashvilleScrapGirl