Friday, August 31, 2007

Mr. Elephant and Moose's birthday

I've had a few really hard days. So as a reward, Greg is letting me get out the entire weekend to scrapbook. I don't have any plans yet. Does anyone need a scrapbooking partner this weekend?
This was really cute. Yesterday I came downstairs and was surprised by every single chair in the house in my living room with stuffed animals on each one. I had no idea it was Mr. Elephant and Moose's birthday. I went to get my camera, but they had moved on to the pony rides and were not still in their seats.
One really good thing about homeschooling is that you don't have to do it at 8:00 AM everyday. When everyone wakes up on the wrong side of the bed, then you can just postpone it until later in the day. And that is what we did yesterday. The kids made chinese lanterns. I could tell Aussie was getting tired, he was not cutting straight and he was getting very frustrated. We hung them up in their rooms. And Aussie wants to make 7 more tomorrow.
Today, I heard some really bad news about a friend of mine. She is dying of cancer. I had a hard time focusing on anything else. She is very young, possibly 26. She has 2 young children. The doctors say they can not do anything more to help her. She is very private and is not giving out many details. And she is in so much pain that she absolutely does not want visitors. They are praying for a miracle. Would you pray for her and her family?
Also today, I was greeted by Queen Esther:
So I have been calling her Queen Esther today b/c she usually gets mad if I don't. Then I said, "Queen Esther may I take your picture?" And she said, "I'm not Queen Esther." So I said, "Well who are you?" She lifted her glasses down and acted like I was crazy and said, "It's ME Ashley."
Now on to this picture:
Um....Should I be worried?
One thing that I think is cute is the hair. I remember putting blankets and towels on my head and saying, look at my long hair. I never did that with my kids and I think it is cute that he came up with it on his own.
Good night! I must get some sleep!

4 comments:

Jennifer Fleming said...

I am cropping at Paper Candy in M'boro tomorrow Friday from 6 to 12a. Call them if you want to come I really enjoy it there!

Renee said...

Great pics. Happy Birthday to Mr. Elephant and Mr. Moose. What fun!
Jack LOVES shoes. Usually ones with heels...and headbands. I've wanted to put him in a dress, but am afraid of the therapy costs! I have put Ariel's wig on him and he looked precious!
Wish I could scrap, think Greg wants two more? haha

Michelle (The Beartwinsmom) said...

Gee, you're lucky that your hubby is so supportive.

Hope you have a great weekend scrapping!

Hugs, MG
beartwinsmom.wordpress.com

Michelle (The Beartwinsmom) said...

Hey Chelle, I tag you for the 8 things meme. Check out my blog to find out what you need to do. :-)

Hugs, MG
beartwinsmom.wordpress.com