Today was a good day!
This morning I talked to the kids about a family that lives around here whose house burned down. They have 10 kids and all of their toys were lost in the fire. I told them to think seriously about this and I asked if I could give away some of their toys and I named some specifically.
They were so tender hearted! We gave a lot of Legos, blocks, train table, etc. And both Ashley and Austin picked up some of their things and wanted to give them to them as well. (nice things- I was surprised)
So today we took the toys to where the family is staying. The kids got to meet each other and they were so excited to get the toys.
Austin said something like, we got to give toys to people who needed it and we made some friends too. I think God likes it when we do that.
Also- the family had one set of twins and THEY said, OH wow I don't know what it would be like with TRIPLETS. I said, well you have 10 kids! They said, yes but there is definitely more difficulty with two of them at the same time, I can't imagine three. OH do I feel vindicated with that statement if I ever needed to be vindicated! I've had SO many people say they had twins and one real close so it felt like triplets. I just nod my head and smile.
February Cocoa Daisy Project Shares!
10 years ago
2 comments:
awwwwwwwwww. sounds like a great day. :D
That is so special that your kids have developed such great empathetic feelings for others & are so giving! THAT is your vindication, and your VALIDATION!!
Post a Comment