Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tidbits

I am so disappointed!!!!! My Chick-Fil-A is not going to be doing the $.99 meals any more on kids' night. What will our family do on Tuesday nights?

---------

Yesterday Aussie put together and interessting combination of clothing. I told him that it didn't match. And he said, "I think it matches. I think it looks good. I think I look EXTEMELY handsome." Well OK then wear it.

-------
Today Ashley said, "Mom I don't know what happened. I used to be really good at matching clothes and now I'm not. I just don't know what happened."

(Whoohoo I'm glad she realized it.) I took a lot of time today putting outfits together that match. I need to find some kind of organizational way of helping her. Then tonight my friend, Steena suggested that I take pictures of the clothes that go together and hang the pictures up on the inside of her closet door. I just might do that.
________

Yesterday, I got to go over to my friend Doris' house and I scrapbooked one layout. I haven't gotten it out of my car yet to take a picture of it. But it is so nice to be able to do this. The kids play with her son, while we scrapbook. They got a bit roudy though, so I don't know how many times we could actually do that.
__________

Today I got to go pick up some fabulous hand me down clothes for the kids. I get so excited when we can do this. Most of it is winter clothes that I have to put away until winter. But Ashley and I just love to look at each and every piece of clothing as we pull it out of the bag. Ashley gets a little upset when we have to put something a way for later. She got a pink fur coat and she just wanted to use it for a blanket, she was so excited.

The boys get a little jealous when there is more clothes for her than there are for them. But I was really excited to see some pajamas in there for the boys. Their pajamas are getting really small on them- so wooooohoooo! Aussie practically changed his shirt in the car. He put on a long sleeve shirt and said, this is my favorite shirt.

I'm glad they get excited over clothes!

________________

So whats next? I've been doing a little work. I'm trying to get in at the very least an hour a day, but I'm averaging 2 hours a day. Anyway, I have a sweeeeet barter going on. I am transcribing tapes for cleaning/organizational cleaning. I am so very excited about this. I just can't function in this house. It is such a mess. I really need things not just clean but in a place.
So things are looking up!

4 comments:

Jennifer Fleming said...

OUr chick fila does free kids meals per combo ordered. only 4 count nugget though.

Smyrna does too.

doris sander said...

i used to love getting the free bag of clothes as a kid too. so exciting to dig through. :D

Anonymous said...

The dressing thing is so funny. Most of the time I let my almost 5 year old pick out his own clothes. Then he knows not to argue with me when I pick out his clothes for the important things. Yesterday he wore a red t-shirt and orange shorts. Today was a little better...an orange shirt with white stripes and khaki shorts....then he put on his St. Patrick's Day socks that look like leprechan shoes!

When I tell him something doesn't match or go together he always says he thinks it looks great.

Snarky Mom Reads said...

Kevin reminds me of Carson from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy -- he even tells ME how I should / should not dress LOL! So tell more about the organization / cleaning person????